Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UNECOM & Biochem requirement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MaggieD, Sep 14, 2002.

1. MaggieD

MaggieD Member
    10+ Year Member

I plan on applying to UNECOM for next year's cycle, and I see that they require Biochem. I will not have an opportunity to take biochem until fall 2003, at the same time my secondaries will be going out. Will UNECOM still consider me even though I will not have completed biochem at that time? I assume they would not give me an admission untill after the course was over. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

They WILL consider you and can even accept you without the biochem requirement granted that you take the class before you matriculate. But you have to make sure that they are aware of that or else you will be incomplete. That's what happened with me and UHS this year. They sent me a postcard saying that I was incomplete because I didn't have biochem. I called them and told them that I will take it if I need to. So they put that the class was in progress for me. I have an interview in two weeks! So make sure that the school knows! Good luck! :)

4. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When I applied last year, I didn't have biochem, but UNE said that because that was the first year that the requirement was placed for biochem, that we could continue the application process given that we would take the biochem before matriculation.

I'm reapplying this year and didn't have the opportunity to take biochem over the summer, but I *am* enrolled in UNE distance biochem course:

http://faculty.une.edu/com/courses/bionut/distbio/distbiohome.html

They enroll every month and 13 weeks later you either drive to UNE to take the final or get faculty at your school to proctor the exam.

I'd much rather study at home and drive up for the exam (I'm in MA), that schlep to class 3 times a week. Besides, with my work schedule, I would not be able to take this course at all.

My secondary was considered complete - and I havent' heard anything about the biochem requirement yet.

- Tae