1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UNECOM interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by algae, Sep 23, 2001.

1. algae

algae Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello all - I have an interview at UNECOM in a couple of weeks. Can anyone who has interviewed there give me some input as to what it was like? Thanks for any help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TweetyPie

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
  4. algae

algae Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Tweety - How do they run the interview? I assume there will be a group of people interviewing (how many?). Do they call you in one at a time? This is my first intervirew and I have no idea what to expect! Was it open file or closed? Thanks for your help!

5. TweetyPie

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
  6. Smokey223

Smokey223 Member
    7+ Year Member

TweetyPie, out of curiosity, are you from the New England area?

7. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    algae - Congratulations! When are you going? I'll be there on 10/13. I can't wait to go and see the campus.

Tweety- thanks for all of the info. How soon until they notify you? How did you feel about leaving the area after two years? Just wondering. Again, congratulations and thanks for the above info. :)

8. algae

algae Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Palcaregrl - I'm psyched about it. I'll be there on 10/9, which seems odd because UNE's interviews are normally on Saturdays. I let you know how it goes. Good luck to you!

9. maddogdo

maddogdo Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I thought I might chime in here, if you don't mind. I am going to Maine on the 9 of October. I am so excited. I am from New Hampshire but have spent the last six years in Missouri doing my undergraduate stuff. Are any of you going to be there on the 9? Where did you stay? Was there a hotel (Holiday Inn)? Did you have to stay in Portalnd? I am glad to see there are other people as stoked as I am about UNE!

10. andrea

10+ Year Member

Hi! I stayed at Motel 111 in Biddeford.., it was only $50 but didn't have an alarm clock... :D

11. maddogdo

maddogdo Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the hotel info, I found a hotel in Saco. I heard that is the next time over. How long was the interview process? Were you able to fly back later that day?

12. andrea

10+ Year Member

We were done by 1:30 but you could leave earlier if you needed to, as the interviews are in the AM. With all the recent flight cancellations, though, it may be tricky to get the flight that you want.

13. maddogdo

maddogdo Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a flight out of manchester at 6:20pm. I hope I will make it on time. I am renting a car and driving up, it is only about an hour and a half. Where did you fly into? Do you remember some of the questions they asked you Andrea? Where are you from?

14. Smokey223

Smokey223 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Guys! I have been reading this post with such envy cause you all had interviews, but finally today was my day! Its still a little surreal to me, but I've been invited for Oct. 11. Anyone else going this day? Also, has anyone chosen to stay with the host!
    Wow. Well, congrats to all, and I hope to meet some of you.
    -Smokey

15. maddogdo

maddogdo Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Smokey, that is great! Congratulations. It is all very exciting. I am going on the 9th but I will try and let you know how it goes when I get back.

Algae, You are going on the 9th right? Where are you from? Where are you flying into?

See you there

16. algae

algae Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi maddog - I'm driving to UNECOM not flying, but I'd recommend checking out flights into Manchester, NH. I've found it can be much cheaper than Boston. I'll be there the 9th too, so I guess I'll see you then!