UNECOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aniulka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled for the 25th of October. Does anyone else have an interview at UNECOM on that day?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, Congratulations!

Secondly...When did you submit your secondary to UNECOM?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, JPHazelton!

I submitted the secondary on 9/10.

They still don't have the evaluation from the DO that I shadowed but they should receive that within the next two or three days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm going to UNECOM on Saturday and I know a couple of people who are going tomorrow to interview. (we were all originally scheduled for 9/22 but had to reschedule because of other interviews). I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Hi! I am interviewing this Thursday, Oct 11. Any advice for this interview will be much appreciated. I am staying at Motel 111. Is it easy to find the school from there? What about the building that we are supposed to meet at. And finally, where do we park?
I am obviously getting extremely nervous. :eek:

I recently interviewed at UNECOM. It was a very laid back interview so don't worry! Motel 111 is about 15-20 min from the school. There are lots of signs leading you to the campus. The building where the interviews are held is impossible to miss. It is very large, and beautiful. I have no suggestions on where to park. Good luck to everyone interviewing!!!

FYI - Bring your own alarm clock if you stay at Motel 111 as they don't have them. And there's a big parking lot across the street from the building where you interview. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice. I am driving up tomorrow so that I have some time to do some exploring. Hopefully I don't miss all the big signs. :)
Good luck to those who are interviewing saturday (and those in the future).

I have an interview on the 25th too. I guess I'll see you there! :)

Hi everyone! I survived the interview. Like everyone has already said, it was very laid back. It was odd though, there were only 4 of us there to be interviewed. One guy didn't show up at all. Anyway, the campus is beautiful and the facilities are great. Plus all the students were super friendly and helpful. I really hope I get accepted. I have posted my interview on interviewfeedback.com. :)

Smokey223: I'm glad your interview went well.

I hope yours did too PalCareGrl!

algae and andrea: Thanks for the advice!

Monkey5555: I'll see you at UNECOM on the 25th!

Hi,
I just got back from my weekend in Maine. The interview at UNE was "laid back", I guess. I was not impressed that there was virtually NO information about the school given to us (curriculum, financial aid, housing, etc...) like in all of the other interviews that I've been to (this is my fourth one). The students that we spent the day with were very friendly and nice and they were super happy with the school, but they could only give us the information that they knew as first year students who were only a month and a half in (they didn't know match rates, etc...).

The interview went well. I had the "direct and to the point" group and some of the other people had the laid back and conversational group. Still, it wasn't too painful, although it was more formal than the rest of my other interviews.

The campus was a New England campus (I went to the University of Vermont undergrad) and it was really close to the beach. If you get a chance, drive out past the campus to where the cottages and larger houses are. It's a nice area.

Overall, I had an okay experience, but I left feeling disappointed. Many other applicants with me were impressed, but for most it was their first interview of the year. This school was my first choice, and I wanted very much to like it (as my entire family and most of my friends live in NE), but, as I said, I was disappointed with the school in general and am not sure if I will attend if accepteed.

Best of luck to those of you going soon. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email them. Definitely check out interviewfeedback.com, I'm going to post my experience there, - the questions that they ask are right from the site. :)

PalCareGrl-I am really sorry that your experience at UNECOM was not what you expected. I was fortunate enough to have a second year student with us the whole day, so a lot of questions were answered for me concerning housing and curriculum.
For those interested, I was given no formal information but I do know that it is up to the medical students to find there own housing. The school does not help out at all except that they keep a book on campus with available property posted by the community members themselves. In addition, if a student finds a place early, they can post it in the book to look for roomates. I was also told that their pass rates for the COMLEX were higher than the national average. Curriculum wise, the MS2 was very helpful in telling us all about each course during first year, and what goes on the second year. Also, we were told what students tend to do in between. One of my interviewers was the person in charge of the preceptorship program, so I learned a lot about that. Finally, we were told where all the clinical rotation sites are for 3rd and 4th year. These can be found on the website as well. I was disappointed that no information was given about financial aid. Hmmm, I hope this helps somewhat to people who are curious. :)