UNECOM Loan Lender info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

picara

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I?m planning on attending UNECOM next fall so I?m trying to figure out financial aid info. For Federal Stafford Loans, UNECOM students have to chose a lender. Does anyone else have to chose a lender, and if so, what company did you chose and why? The companies are all different, some companies do not charge borrower?s fees and others give interest rate discounts. In the long run, which is better?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings! I'm going to be a part of UNE's incoming class too :)

I found this on UNE's website - it's a pretty comprehensive "cheat sheet" that lists the lenders and the pros of each. I'm still not sure which one I'm going to choose but at this point I'm leaning towards one that is specifically for "med students."

Hope this helps! (we have a UNECOM 2007 thread in the Osteo forum - come join us! :) )

Link to UNE Loan Info

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to say that I am excited to meet all of you at the end of July at UNECOM. I see that there are some posts from people living in the East Coast, it will be my first time living there but I have heard wonderful things about Maine.

Anyone moving from California? I am looking for someone to split a moving truck from SF to Maine because it is ridiculously expensive!

Also do you know which loan lender is good? I have looked at the list, but each company offers different discount so in the long run, which company is better for the loans?

Well, I will see you all at the end of the summer. I am in Guatemala right now, so if you guys receive important mail, please let me know so I can take care of it abroad.

See you soon!

Picara

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, my last post was for the UNECOM 2007 thread.

OK, I can't resist...this is a shameless plug for NOWLoans...We have no fees on our loans, and we support both SDN and SOMA. :D We have some banner ads on SDN and the blurb on Financial Aid 101...(or is it Student loans 101? I forget) is ours.
Whatever you do, look for a lender with no fees; that's a benefit that you can take advantage of right away. Good luck to all of you.