UNECOM match list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSafur

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to UNECOM for next year. I wanted to know where do UNECOM students end up in residencies? I know a lot of schools give out their match list, but I haven't found one for UNECOM. Anyone know where I can get the list or have any knowledge of their match rate?

Members don't see this ad.

Try calling the Admissions Office (800.477.4863) or the Clinical Affairs Office (207.283.0171) and ask them. I know the list (for last year's match) exists because we have a copy posted in our 2nd year classroom.

If you are in, it is your right to see this list. If you are luck enough to have more than one acceptance then you should tell them this and state that your decision will in part be based upon their furnishing this list.

Johan Aasbo
CCOM 2002

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, accepted to 3 schools (2 of which gave me the list). However, I am definitely putting UNECOM on the top of my list over NYCOM (was my 1st choice but I need a change from the New York Tech environment--->undergrad there).
I called the Office of Clinical Affairs at UNECOM and they were really nice. I was told that they would e-mail me their match list from last year before the day was over (this years list isn't complete since they are still waiting for 1 more match to be completed). However, I think they forgot because this was a few days ago and I still haven't gotten the list.
Oh well, I'll try calling again tomorrow.

UNECOM is really nice. Have fun choosing.

Johan Aasbo
M3 CCOM

Thanks a lot! They sent me their match list for the past 3 years, their rotation sites, as well as stats for 1st,2nd,3rd..choice matches. Almost 75-85% on average match to their 1st choice residency program.

I have finalized my decision to attend UNECOM.

P.S....They have really expanded their core rotation sites along the east coast at major hospitals. That's definitely a plus!

I am curious as to what happens if you do not match at one of your top three choices?

You go wherever you match. In the match process you give a ranked list of the programs you are interested in and the programs give a ranked list of the potential residents who they are interested in and a computer makes the best match. You go to that program even if it was listed as your 2nd, 5th or whatever. Matching stats are sometimes used as a way for students to select a school because it shows how competitive graduates are at different hospitals or specialties.