UNECOM Secondary????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErinG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone-

Just wondering how UNECOM works regarding their secondaries--are applicants invited to fill out a secondary online, and if so, are they given a user name and password? Does UNECOM offer secondary applications to applicants who have passed their minimum requirements??
Just wondering how this works--any light shed would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply there but I heard that they offer secondaries to every one that meets their minimum requirements.

UNECOM reviews applications for minimum requirements(GPA/MCAT, etc...). If you meet them, they send a snail letter asking you to fill out the online secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey fishy424,

So, as far as UNECOM is concerned, what is the time frame between AACOMAS receipt and when you get a secondary? My app for AACOMAS was sent to them Sept 22nd, and I took the MCATS in August (so this may be where the delay comes from), so UNE should have my file complete as of this point. Do you know if they are generally slow or are they quick with their responses?

Also, not to sound like an annoying pre-med, but would an applicant with a 3.5 overall (from a very good university), and a 3.1 science, and a 24Q mcat even get a look at UNECOM? (stupid ps score!!)

Thank you fishy424...

Hi Cat,

My experience with UNECOM is that they are very quick in their communication with applicants.

I applied to UNECOM in June, got a letter confirming my application was complete in mid August.... In late August I got a letter asking me to interview Sept. 20.... then heard I was accepted that week (I am going)! All steps of the process went very smoothly...

So it was two months after my application was complete that they got back to me. But I'd imagine that their turnaround time is a bit better now that the school is in session??

If you have specific questions do not hesitate to contact UNECOM directly... they are super nice (as is everyone at that school) and always willing to answer application questions.

As for your stats, they sound good to me. I can't imagine that you would not be asked to submit the secondary (its online, so you can look at it and prepare it ahead of time to be super efficient!) and I think your chances are at least ok to good for an interview?? Your stats are right around the mean for the entering class.... but I am no expert on these matters! Good luck!

-fishy

Hey fishy424,

thanks for the reply! I will probably call UNE to see what the deal is...

(for the record, if you do not mind me asking, what were your stats??)

I can definitely see that you'd fit right in at UNECOM if everyone is so nice...:)

No problem, GPA - 3.4, sci. GPA - 3.4, MCAT - 27R.

Good luck!

wondering if une has a minimum mcat? It only says "satisfactory completion of" in their literature....anyone know? Also any august mcaters get their secondary invite yet? thanks

As far as I know there is no min. score for the MCAT.