UNECOM vs PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I appreciate your efforts, but I do realize I can get that stuff on my own (and have). :rolleyes: I was more interested in hearing why the poster had said they were so different - it sounded like it was coming from more subjective reasons. I'm genuinely interested in hearing people's perspectives. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone by asking.

There really is no way to answer this question since no one has attended both schools. Interviewing there is nohelp either because its easy for the school to put on a show. The only way to truely no what a school is like is to attend and talk to their students, which many pcom students have responded to this thread. The only person who can probably compare them is JP because he interacts with students form various schools in his OMM fellowship position. As for ocmparing PCOM and UMDNJ you would have to look at path threads ont hat very topic where Nate and DoctorJay(i believe) give their points of few on UMDNJ. The compare it to what PCOM students say. You should see that they provide themselves on having different philosophys and such. Plus NJ is not really apart of the Philadelphia medical school group. It has its own system of hospitals and hasn't staked a claim in philly. Most doctors in the area assume you are talking about the allopathic one, but go across the bridge and the name recognition is huge. This is mainly an issue of where the school tried to make its inroads and is not a statement against its quality.

Reasons to attend PCOM:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4023015&postcount=5

heh heh :D

pcompoolgirl.jpg

fogel_1.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate your efforts, but I do realize I can get that stuff on my own (and have). :rolleyes: I was more interested in hearing why the poster had said they were so different - it sounded like it was coming from more subjective reasons. I'm genuinely interested in hearing people's perspectives. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone by asking.

Did you miss everything else I posted?

Are you unable to read what people write on here in numerous other posts?

Of course it doesnt offen anyone by asking but rolling your eyes when I take the time to offer a great deal of information is pretty lame.

Good luck getting people to go out of their way to help you in the future. If you have that sort of attitude then I can tell you right now you arent PCOM material.

Did you miss everything else I posted?

Are you unable to read what people write on here in numerous other posts?

Of course it doesnt offen anyone by asking but rolling your eyes when I take the time to offer a great deal of information is pretty lame.

Good luck getting people to go out of their way to help you in the future. If you have that sort of attitude then I can tell you right now you arent PCOM material.

Don't worry JP, I enjoyed reading it and I'm sure plenty of others will benefit from the information. You're time wasn't wasted.

BTW...do I know that girl in the pic above, Will? Who is she?

Members don't see this ad :)
Saturday, December 9th:
Dr. Fogel has rescued little Johnny from the Caseation Necrosis monster. Details at 11...

caseation.jpg

sorry to hijack this thread :D

Saturday, December 9th:
Dr. Fogel has rescued little Johnny from the Caseation Necrosis monster. Details at 11...

caseation.jpg

sorry to hijack this thread :D

Looks like that kid suffered a bit of Trauw-muh

For me PCOM's size is one of its greates assets. And yes, you pretty much hav wireless all over campus.

I didn't get a good look at the lecture halls during the tour, but are there outlets in there for me to hook up my laptop?

Well said.

I have lived in Philadephia close to 10 years now. There is so much to do here that its often difficult to decide where to go, what to see and how late you should stay up. :)

Just off the top of my head here are some things I have done in the area:

Opera
Orchestra
Ballet
Phillies
76ers
Flyers
Phantoms
Shakespeare Theater
Mutter Museum
Art Museum
Rodin Museum
Restaurants (BYO, ethnic, high end)
Bars (too many to list ;) )
Aquarium
Farmers Markets
Italian Market
Reading Terminal
Movies (Ritz theaters especially)
Shopping (downtown, King of Prussia Mall, etc)

2 hour drive to NYC ($24 round trip train ticket to Penn Station)
2 hour drive to Baltimore
3 hour drive to Washington DC
2 hour drive to NJ shore
1.5 hours drive to Atlantic City
2 hour drive to Pocono Mountains

You are in the heart of some of the most historical landmarks in the United States.

On top of all that there are around 25 Osteopathic residencies and over 100 Allopathic residencies just in the CITY alone...not counting the immediate surrounding area, southern New Jersey or an hour into DE, North East PA or Central PA.

I'm not sure if I will be spending the rest of my life in this city...hopefully the next 7 years or so...but regardless I will have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
I read through this post a couple of times and I am shocked. You forgot the MOST important thing about this city:

E-A-G-L-E-S......Eagles!!!

sdawkinsioz9.jpg

I didn't get a good look at the lecture halls during the tour, but are there outlets in there for me to hook up my laptop?

its wireless so you don't need the internet connection. To get power jacks there are a few throughout the hall, but it was also discussed in a deans meeting aboutgetting more throughout the halls. The administration seemed agreeable to this and they are very good at following up on things like this for students. they do like our feedback.

I speak the truth. Nothing less. ;)

I read through this post a couple of times and I am shocked. You forgot the MOST important thing about this city:

E-A-G-L-E-S......Eagles!!!

sdawkinsioz9.jpg

:sleep: :sleep: :laugh:

It's the Saint Joseph's Univeristy Hawks! Heck they're right next to PCOM.

This is a PRO-football city. ;)

Everything else comes second.

Pro football city?

Give me a break.

www.phillysucks.com

I've never met a group of aficionados of ANY sport who run their mouth more and offer less as a fan. Inconsistency and illusion are the hallmarks of what Eagles fans are.

Pro football city?

Give me a break.

www.phillysucks.com

I've never met a group of aficionados of ANY sport who run their mouth more and offer less as a fan. Inconsistency and illusion are the hallmarks of what Eagles fans are.

Philly invented the bandwagon, we also invented an all sports talk station. This worked for one reason...............we complain alot.

Philadelphia: the armpit of america

Philly invented the bandwagon, we also invented an all sports talk station. This worked for one reason...............we complain alot.

Philadelphia: the armpit of america

And you are from ... ???

And you are from ... ???

I have lived right out side of philly all my life and am comfortable with philadelphia's status of being between NY and DC. Jersey isn't even worth the designation of armpit of america. I could think of a few other names for it................................

On weeks that the teams win: "we are the best"

On week that the teams lose or perform poorly: "Giants sucks, Dallas sucks, blah blah blah!"

:laugh:

On weeks that the teams win: "we are the best"

On week that the teams lose or perform poorly: "Giants sucks, Dallas sucks, blah blah blah!"

:laugh:

Wrong Giants and Cowboys always suck. :D

And the Redskins too....