UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matthew

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick hello to all those attending UNECOM next year. Drop me a line when you get a chance...if you are out there!

Good luck!
Matt

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Matt,

I'm most likely going to end up at UNE next year as well. I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of other places, but UNE is definitely among my top choices. I want everyone to give their final answers so I can start making plans and really get excited about med school!

Congrats!

Kristen

I have received an interview at UNECOM for this Saturday (1/9). Does anyone have any pointers for me? I was considered as an out of stater (living in Texas at the time of my application), however I have just moved to Vermont in the last month with my family (husband and three kids). I visited the school last summer and had a tour around. I was really impressed with what I saw. I hope to get an offer. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Renee

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi -

Congrats on your interview! Mine went fine. I was interviewed by four people, 2 administrators, and 2 basic science faculty. It was very low key, they just want to get to know you... They asked questions about why DO, why UNE, and about important activities/events in your life etc... I live on the West Coast but went to High School and College in Maine. I don't think it is essential to have New England ties, but of course let them know you live in Vermont currently. The Johns Hopkins website www.med.jhu.edu/meded_feedback has questioneers people have filled out about their interviews. Staying with a student if you have the opportunity is very informative. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Kristen

Thanks for the advice. My interview went well, I think. You were right -- it was very low key, just getting to know me kind of stuff. They did stump me with the question "why shouldn't we accept you?" That was a real toughy! Anyway, now I play the game of waiting. I was told that I should hear within a week or so which is pretty quick. Nothing yet (it's only been four days), but I am really anxious! I guess that's normal.

Thanks again for the info. I had already checked out the med school interview site. I have it bookmarked.

Renee

Glad to hear your interview went well! Let us know how it turns out. The waiting is the hardest part, but soon it will be over. Good luck and hang in there!

Matt