UNFAIR: Kaiser FP life much easier than IM!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

answerman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why attendings in Kaiser FP see so much easier adult patients than attendings at kaiser internal medicine. It is just not fair at all!!!! They get paid the same ~140k. Internal medicine work at kaiser is like slavery - they see, for the most part, only complicated patients with 10 different medical problems above age 65. FP there on the other hand rarely see's kids (~10%) but gets to see all the younger Adults <50 who are much less complicated and with fewer medical problems.

Does anyone know why it is this way. I am an internal medicine 3rd year resident and it is so depressing to see this. :(

Members don't see this ad.

answerman said:
Does anyone know why attendings in Kaiser FP see so much easier adult patients than attendings at kaiser internal medicine.

no answer for you, but just curious as to which state you are a resident in?

Southern california

i don't think that's true in oregon. i had kaiser last year and saw an internist for my pcp. i'm relatively young and pretty uncomplicated. i didn't even select him or anything -- i just randomly got an appointment with him for my new patient visit.