Unfilled 2007?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flga

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone that would be kind enough to post the unfilled spots for tihis year after the initial list comes out? I just found out I passed Step 2 CK and was going to give scrambling a shot this year. Thanks and congrats to all those that matched and good luck for all of those that scramble this week.

Jo

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyone that would be kind enough to post the unfilled spots for tihis year after the initial list comes out? I just found out I passed Step 2 CK and was going to give scrambling a shot this year. Thanks and congrats to all those that matched and good luck for all of those that scramble this week.

Jo

This year, it is a dynamic list, that changes every hour. Here's part of email the NRMP sent last week.

The List of Unfilled Programs will be available to all unmatched applicants on the web beginning at noon on Tuesday, March 13th. This year, the List will not be sent by email to any Match applicants. To obtain the List, applicants must log in to the Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) System with their AAMC ID number and password, and then click the Unfilled Programs tab on the left menu bar. The List of Unfilled Programs with links by specialty is dynamic. As positions are filled during the "Scramble", programs can delete them from the unfilled list. This feature helps reduce the number of telephone calls and faxes applicants make to programs after all the positions have been filled. The list will be updated on the web site every hour. Remember, the only role the NRMP has in the "Scramble" is to provide this list. Applicants contact programs directly if they are interested in the position. There is not a second Match.

Are you registered with ERAS? If you are not, you cannot scramble (the scramble works through ERAS). If you are registered, you should have no problem getting the list. Also, it is a violation to share the un-matched program list (although someone usually does).

I think you can scramble without ERAS, but I don't think you'll have the list, which is quite the obstacle.

I didn't register thru ERAS and NRMP, hence my problem in not being able to obtain my own list. Once again, congrats to all of you who matched-I hope one day to be in your shoes, whether this year (thru the Scramble) or next.

Hopefully your school would help you. The list is dynamic this year and I don't think anyone wants to waste time to publish when they could be looking for a place. Also, I think the NRMP considers it unfair (and a violation) to do this which is part of the reason why matched people this year will not be able to even view unfilled spots. After all, it seems fair that the people who invested time, energy, and money should get first dibs. Usually you can find a list on the web on the second or third day. Good luck next year on your application.

Jo

Yeah. anyone with access right now only has access because they did not match.

Will there ever be a published report of what programs did not fulfill their match quota?

Thanks so much, Dr. Cox!

There will be. The NRMP releases it to everyone who registered; we've posted here on SDN in the past ( and will do so if anyone cares to send it along).

I don't think there will be one officially sent to all candidates like in the past by the NRMP. I believe it was only sent to the NRMP-registered scramble-eligible candidates.

if you did not participate in NRMP then in order to scramble you can try electronicresidency.com. Good luck!