Unfilled Position List 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roggan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you registered for NRMP and are having trouble accessing the unfilled position list for 2011, they should have emailed it to you. I received the email 15-20 minutes ago, so please check your inboxes.

I will not post the list here, because if you registered for NRMP, you should have gotten that list as well. I am just trying to inform those who are not aware of this.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Still haven't gotten an emailed list and can't see it online.....

Online it just has a blank page. Awesome.

Now it is legal to post the list. Please someone do that...

Now it is legal to post the list. Please someone do that...

yes, please. Also, if the early list, prior to spots being filled, that would be great to see.

I am still uncertain how my NRMP registration became screwed up but I can say it has been a difficult, frustrating, disheartening, helpless feeling.

Where does it say on the nrmp site that it's legal to post the list now?

anyone know which neurosurgery programs went unmatched and had to scramble? I'm curious thanks:)

Section 4.3 of the Match Agreement:

NRMP said:
4.3 Unmatched Applicants and Unfilled Positions

Unmatched applicants and programs with unfilled positions shall not contact each other about unfilled positions prior to 12:00 noon eastern time on Tuesday of Match Week. Matched applicants and programs may not contact each other prior to the general announcement of Matching Program results at 1:00 p.m. eastern time on Thursday of Match Week. It is a violation of this Agreement if any registered applicant or program shares any Match Week information from the secure web site, including the List of Unfilled Programs, with any individual who is not registered for the Main Residency Match or allows an individual who is not registered for the Match to use the registrant’s unique code number and password to access the secure web site to obtain Match Week information. In addition, it is a violation of this Agreement if any Match Week information from the secure web site, including the List of Unfilled Programs, is distributed or posted by any registered applicant or program to any web site or non NRMP-related matching service. If the NRMP initiates a violation investigation, the NRMP shall follow the procedures set forth in Section 7.0 of this Agreement.

Good luck trying to get anyone to post it.

So I guess I was unsuccessful in the scramble. I was wondering about anyone that did research for 1 year and reapplied. Any success stories from this option?

thanks

So I guess I was unsuccessful in the scramble. I was wondering about anyone that did research for 1 year and reapplied. Any success stories from this option?

thanks

Hey that's my story! I didn't matched last year! I started a research back in July. The director wrote me an excellent LOR. I had a decent number of interviews, and successfully matched this year.

Hey that's my story! I didn't matched last year! I started a research back in July. The director wrote me an excellent LOR. I had a decent number of interviews, and successfully matched this year.

So how can one find list of open research opportunity?

Section 4.3 of the Match Agreement:

Good luck trying to get anyone to post it.
I don't believe it's a violation of the match agreement to post the list after the scramble is over. It's been posted in previous years, so I don't think this year is different. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The original scramble list is never publicly posted by the NRMP.

However, on Monday the entire match data is published. That includes the match result of every single program. By reviewing that document, it's possible to recreate the scramble list.

Hence, if someone were to post the scramble list next week, it wouldn't be a violation of anything. Or, someone could slog through the match data and list all the programs that were in the scramble.

The original scramble list is never publicly posted by the NRMP.

However, on Monday the entire match data is published. That includes the match result of every single program. By reviewing that document, it's possible to recreate the scramble list.

Hence, if someone were to post the scramble list next week, it wouldn't be a violation of anything. Or, someone could slog through the match data and list all the programs that were in the scramble.

Thanks for clarifying. I've seen the data for past years, but was curious: if a program had, say 5 spots and the match data says they matched 4 people, couldn't that mean they took 4 in the match and 1 pre-match? Or does that always exclude pre-match positions (since I think after quotas are due, programs are no longer allowed to pre-match)?

Thanks for clarifying. I've seen the data for past years, but was curious: if a program had, say 5 spots and the match data says they matched 4 people, couldn't that mean they took 4 in the match and 1 pre-match? Or does that always exclude pre-match positions (since I think after quotas are due, programs are no longer allowed to pre-match)?

Pre-match positions take away spots from the regular match quota. They cannot "pre-match" anyone after the rank list is due.

Pre-match positions take away spots from the regular match quota. They cannot "pre-match" anyone after the rank list is due.

Thanks, that's what I guessed. However, since they don't post a key within the document from past years, I was never sure.