Unfilled Spots List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmsMD

Perpetual Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone either post the unfilled positions for this year or refer me to where I can find them.

They are not letting me view the list having matched.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone either post the unfilled positions for this year or refer me to where I can find them.

Thanks

I thought that matched applicants could not view that list. Here is an excerpt from the NRMP email:

The List of Unfilled Programs will be available to all unmatched applicants on the web beginning at noon on Tuesday, March 18th. To obtain the List, applicants must log in to the Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) System with their AAMC ID number and password, and then click the Unfilled Programs tab on the left menu bar. The List of Unfilled Programs with links by specialty is dynamic. As positions are filled during the "Scramble", programs can delete them from the unfilled list. This feature helps reduce the number of telephone calls and faxes applicants make to programs after all the positions have been filled. The list will be updated on the web site every hour. Remember, the only role the NRMP has in the "Scramble" is to provide this list. Applicants contact programs directly if they are interested in the position. There is not a second Match.

To promote ethical behavior, fully matched applicants will not be able to access ANY information on unfilled programs/positions. If you match to a preliminary (PGY-1 year only) program, you will be able to view only advanced (PGY-2) programs with unfilled positions. If you match to an advanced program, you will be able to view only preliminary programs with unfilled positions.

Thanks

It is a violation of the match for matched applicants to view the unfilled positions prior to Thursday after the match is complete.

This is to prevent you from being tempted to break your contract.

i need some advise
can someone tell me what to do for my husband
he is at his school doing the scramble and still no luck
can anyone give some advise? is there even still slots open
reason i ask is that i cant call him because i dont want to mess up anything if he is getting a call in from a hospital, so the waiting is killing me and i just started emailing him but he is not responding only checking his emails so any advise i can give him would be great

It is a violation of the match for matched applicants to view the unfilled positions prior to Thursday after the match is complete.

This is to prevent you from being tempted to break your contract.

Maybe all the married men should be unable to see other women as well - to prevent them from being tempted to break their loyalty. I love when people are trying to protect you from yourself.

The scamble list is limited to unmatched programs / applicants because of server issues. It's really, really slow during the scramble. If all 15K+ (I'm making that number up, don't know the real one) people whom matched tried to look at the list "just for fun" it would be even slower for the people whom really need it.

I was wondering what prompted the change. It used to be that all applicants matched or not had access to the unmatched list - at least the initial one.

Do you know when the NRMP changed their policy?

Anyway the server issue makes sense. Even trying to access the regional match statistics today was slow...

Maybe all the married men should be unable to see other women as well - to prevent them from being tempted to break their loyalty. I love when people are trying to protect you from yourself.
It seems to me that the unmatched list ended up posted on SDN within minutes in previous years, and I doubt it was unmatched people taking the time to post it given that they have other things on their minds.

This year has really been strange all around. You are right normally the list was posted within several minutes last year. In fact, "Kimberli Cox" was posting the list via a friend. I'm just curious to see the list even though I have matched, server issue aside.

i need some advise
reason i ask is that i cant call him because i dont want to mess up anything if he is getting a call in from a hospital, so the waiting is killing me and i just started emailing him but he is not responding only checking his emails so any advise i can give him would be great

i said a prayer for him. good luck and GOD BLESS.

maybe bring him some take-out? how late into the night does the scramble go?

i need some advise

thank you guys for the suggestion,thoughts and prayers :)
well he came in around 5pm and really didn't want to say a word
I did find out that he did not get a response yet, only a few and they only response was that they were filled up.
so its back to the drawing board again for him tomorrow and now it is give or take, he don't care at this point he just wants a spot in. I dont blame him for all the frustration, and endless worries that he rattles in his mind. the only thing i ask of im is to have faith and believe "everything happens for a reason" although at times we dont want to hear these things. it really is true, for when we are living later in our lives,and we look back to see how we got where we are. that is when that we remember that 1 moment lead us to this direction. i guess i am nuts! my husband thinks so:laugh:
hey wouldn't you go insane if you dealt with 5 kids and a medical student all these years:)
hell, i really told my husband to go for "psychiatry" just so he can put me away for awhile "so i can finally get a vacation" and prescribe some meds:laugh:. "just so i can so to sleep and not here the kids screaming at 2am"
but, not everyday can be Christmas. so with all jokes aside.
thanks to everyone and Congrats to all the NEW DOCTORS that have their match:clap: And for those of us still waiting our future out. either for Ourselves,Husband,Boyfriend,Friend,Son,Daughter
REMEMBER, This is just 1 of many obstacles that we will face in our lives. Whatever Doesn't Kill you, Makes you Stronger
BEST REGARDS
AWORRIEDWIFE:confused:

wow, five kids! that must be a handful.
i think the best thing you can do for your husband is be supportive and reassure him that you'd be happy to go anywhere he is able to find a spot. good luck tomorrow.

emelec- looking at your profile i see you're a med student. are you matching this year as well?

I know my profile says i am in med student but i am not
my husband is and i didnt see for the profile status "wife of a med"
But i look a it like this i pretty much just should be, with all the years i went threw with my husband in school and all those exams. plus i practically am a doctor with all these kids
plus you know the usual Chef,Teacher,Secretary,Probation officer,Cop :)
I know there are a few more but that resume would be way to long for the forum :)
But again I want to thank you for your reply
it truly means a lot that there are still good people out here. that care
I wish you and your career path the BEST OF LUCK!

Does anyone know how long programs have in the scramble to decide. Is it indefinite, or is there some time period. Also, you are trying to scramble two or three programs. What if one accepts you, and you are hoping another one will contact you within a day or so. One more thing, how many of the scramble programs demand an interview. That would present the same choice problems because it would require a lot of interviews compressed into a very brief time period. Help!

Man alive kudos to both of you emelec4life. I can barely take care of myself. I think the worse part of the match is that you feel like everything is out of your control. So we decide who to rank first or where we interview but it feels like the process is in some random computer's hand. There is still tomorrow but if that doesn't work out there are still things he can do to bring back control into his own hands. One year may seem like a lot but in the grand scheme of things it's hardly anything. If worse comes to worse he can do things to strengthen his application, get some research under his belt etc. Everyone focuses on the bad things of not matching but you can totally make it into the positive. It's one more year he gets to spend with his kids before the daunting intern year, if he can get more research under his belt then he will be more experienced than most interns in obtaining research projects and mentors. Years from now this whole process will be a great "I remember when I had a rough time and pulled through" etc speech for his kids when they are older and encounter difficulties and he is a fully fledged doc.

Does anyone know how long programs have in the scramble to decide. Is it indefinite, or is there some time period. Also, you are trying to scramble two or three programs. What if one accepts you, and you are hoping another one will contact you within a day or so.

In general, if a program that you contact offers you a verbal contract, you take it - they'll fax you a written contract and you sign it and fax it back. It's not a good idea to "wait and see." Most places won't be happy with you telling them "Thanks for the offer, but let me see what else I get today" - they're just going to move on to the next applicant.

well the title explains all
I AM Ooff to work while my Hubby goes again to scramble day.
oh the waitin gin killing me
especially for myself not knowing what to expect until i come home from work.
No contact with throughout the day is gonna kill me.
i want to call in but, i need a break from the kids :)
Thank you so much for the support :)
and i will update everyone to know what happened, "fingers crossed"
and my mind "in gods hand"
Gotta go I am running late.
see ya all later tonight. Good Luck to everyone finding there new home place
today :)

Thanks to Blade 28. Any idea how LONG the scramble lasts? Is it open ended?

Thanks to Blade 28. Any idea how LONG the scramble lasts? Is it open ended?

The scramble officially ends at 1 PM tomorrow. However, there may be a few unfilled residency positions left somewhere in the country post-scramble. You can still apply for them after the scramble ends.

Do head hunters ever try to get these lists and make money off the placements? Greedy people will do weird things.

well the title explains all
I AM Ooff to work while my Hubby goes again to scramble day.
oh the waitin gin killing me
especially for myself not knowing what to expect until i come home from work.
No contact with throughout the day is gonna kill me.
i want to call in but, i need a break from the kids :)
Thank you so much for the support :)
and i will update everyone to know what happened, "fingers crossed"
and my mind "in gods hand"
Gotta go I am running late.
see ya all later tonight. Good Luck to everyone finding there new home place
today :)

Best of luck. I graduated 2 years ago. Failed to match or scramble for 2 years. This year was offered 2 prematch offers. 4 children, married 18 years. The last 2 years have been real financial starvation. My poor wife has sacrificed a ton. As well as my children. 6 years ago we picked what beach or country we vacationed in, now we have to save up to take everyone to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. I got an email yesterday with my entire PGY1 class in it - it was really quite moving to see myself in the group. I am sure you will be where you want to be, always move forward.

Update
no luck :(
my husband is going insane and don't no where to turn
he know is questioning everything
his faith,his education,goals,dreams
i right now am in a stand still and Don't know what to tell him.
it seems every time i tell him to have faith , nothing seems to pull in.
he got a response yesterday but only to tell him they ain't making no choices until early May. he know is trying to ask him brother who is a recruiter for the army
to see what he can do.
This choice I am really against.
and my reason for that is just because we have kids and i dont want to seem him leave and get hurt or to think all those years for med school and they get blown away and you have to start all over again.
oh well i guess we just have to seem what comes ahead in the next weeks. :(