eldoctor

7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
My summer program ends next Friday, and my experiment will not be done until next Thursday. I definitely will not be able to analyze the results in less than 4 days...and I am required to present a poster.

Have any of you presented a poster before you finished/had results? What should I do?

Uisa

7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Well ideal thing for you to do is to stay longer and finish up the research.

Also, didn't you hypothesize what your results may mean or what they could be prior to doing the experiment? If you have that written somewhere, analyzing your real data shouldn't take more than 4 solid days.

Regardless, in your situation now, I would go as far as I can with the poster and then when you get to the results section, either mention the results are on their way or give various hypothetical results and what they would implicate. As always, don't down play your experiment in the poster because of this incident.

Naijaba

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you doing the NIH program? So am I...and my work is not nearly done either. I actually started 2 weeks after everyone else (and I will be stayed 2 weeks later), but I still have to present at the same time. Nevertheless, I'm presenting what I have done thus far.