Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Uni of Ghana (West Africa) Medical School

Discussion in 'Africa and Middle East' started by ATLAromatic, May 8, 2007.

1. ATLAromatic

Pre-Medical
    Hello Everyone,

This thread is for students attending medical school in Ghana or students thinking about going to medical school in Ghana. I heard the University of Ghana Medical school program have excellent basic science courses similar to the United States that really prepares you for the usmle step 1.

Besides they have exchange programs both in the US and Europe.
    Please comment on this if you are current medical student from there, a graduate, or planning to go there and have any information that can be helpful to others.

Thanks,
    :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mzblue

Pre-Medical
    i just have a question. isn't the UGMS 6 years? or is it 4yrs. Not that it matters because i have no interest. i'm actually interested in doing volunteer work in ghana instead.

One of the ways to answer your question is to visit their website. i did take a look at what they did each year and it wasn't too appealing to me, besides i was only there cuz i was trying to track someone down.
    Just check it out cuz they do have a lot of info.
    good luck