Uni. of Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mogembo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they accept foreign dental students?

I haven't seen this posted here and tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any input. :)

Members don't see this ad.

47 hits and NO answer? Come on you guys...Anyone????? :rolleyes:

mogembo said:
Does anyone know if they accept foreign dental students?

I haven't seen this posted here and tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any input. :)
I don't know that for sure, but I doubt they have an ID program.
Why dont you call them up or look into their website for the info

Members don't see this ad :)
As far I know, they do have an IDP program but apart from the NBDE part 1 scores , they evaluate u clincally by conducting 2-3 days of clinical exams which is like going through all the final yr clincal exams again :scared: :eek:

& the worst part is we have to pay some $2000(can't remember the exact no) for attending all the exams.
after all this if we r successfull they select us :D

dentaldoc said:
& the worst part is we have to pay some $2000(can't remember the exact no) for attending all the exams.

:wow: :wow:

No wonder my brain interpreted it as " NO ID program offered". :laugh:

Hi. Actually Maryland does have an International Advanced Standing program. You can check it out on www.dental.umaryland.edu under the Admission - DDS - Advanced Standing. They say it's space availability based entry and you do need both NDBE Part 1 and 2 (just passes, no need to sweat to get over 90's!), some good recommendation letters and those darned clinical assessments (2-3 days?). Some fees are also involved and I guess they are not as active as other institutions such as UPenn or UOP. The only way to find out for sure is to give them a call, I guess.

Cheerio.

M

Thanks guys..After a long break, I don't think I can take clinicals :-(

Oh well..

hi guys,
i didnt want to join uni of MD for the same reasons clinicals. they make u take intensive clinical exam which invloves a lot of stuf probably more than what is needed for the california board. and if u get thru all of them they still cant promise an admission coz it all depends on how many students drop out in 2nd yr.
so i joined nyu last yr.
if anyone succeeds in getting thru to uni of md they r lucky.