Air Force Uniform question before leaving for COT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marinehrnt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I purchased all my uniforms already and leaving for COT in about a week. Just curious if I should have my tapes and rank sewn onto the ABU's before I go. I'm prior service (Marines) and I remember we didn't get our tapes sewn on until we "earned it", just don't want to show up with everything sewn on if its going to be an issue. Also, do most people use the sewn on rank or the pin on subdued rank? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully someone who knows for sure for the Air Force will chime in but on the Army side you just wore the uniform as normal. The medical world is different in that you're a direct commission. You're not being tested or earning your place, you did that by getting into medical school, they're just trying to get you up to speed. It's one of the reasons the training is relatively laid back, you're already an officer not a candidate.

Thanks for the replies. Got everything in today to the tailor. I didn't think it would be an issue but in the Marines everything was an issue if you did something out of the norm.