Uniformed Services University

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hrtsurgeon2b, Nov 2, 2001.

1. hrtsurgeon2b

hrtsurgeon2b Member
    10+ Year Member

I wanted to know from the people who attend the school, how the curriculum is, and if they like the school. Also can you get a residency, such as Internal Medicine after you graduate?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

no, graduates from USUHS are barred from residencies for the rest of their lives.

of course they can. the timing may get a little more complicated with the military service requirement, but USUHS grads have to complete residencies too!

4. Laker Fan

When I visited the school for my interview, I was told that residency spots are actually easier to get through the military. That's because the government already has spots saved for the military grads and so instead of competing against the nation for residency spots, you just compete against your class. Even within your class you only really compete against those that are enlisted in the same service as you...

For example, I've been accepted through the Air Force and so come residency time, I apply for the residency spots that Air Force has already saved for their people.

From what I hear from the grads and students, it's a great and low stress system. My premed advisor also says that the military has some of the best residencies in the country.