Union

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetalkr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

I have been extremely alarmed with the pattern developing in healthcare politics. I strongly believe the government is trying to eliminate private practices, leading us to be hospital employees, then control our salaries/jobs as hospital employees. I know this effects all specialties, not just Anesthesiology or Pain Medicine.

This is not a legal comittment at all, but more of an electronic "head count". If I were to proceed with the process of hiring a lawyer to legally create a physician's union, I want to know how many physicians would support this initiative. The point of the union would not be to leave critically ill patients without care, but to show that we as physicians will not allow lawyers to run our healthcare system. As physicians, our salaries account for 10-15% of health care costs, however we seem to be the only slice of the pie upon which politicians want to cut back. We need to stand strong as one, across all specialties, and return to practicing health care for what is best for the patient, not what is best for the health insurance company's bottom line. Personally, my patient care is affected on a daily basis, whether it is approval for a procedure I know will help or simply switching from neurontin to lyrica and awaiting approval.

If you truly feel like you would stand behind a physician's union financially, since politics boils down to money, please respond with a yes. If you are hesitant, say no because I want to get a head count of people that truly want to form a political union so we physicians can have a say in how we take care of our patients. Until lawyers and politicians allow doctors to dictate what they charge and how they run their law firms, we should be in charge of healthcare. My thoughts are to create a union of employed physicians since a union of self-employed physicians is illegal. I would like to create a PAC through which other people who support the cause but can not join the union are able to donate money. Please respond to [email protected] and PLEASE forward this email to any and every MD/physician across every specialty that you can think of. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone,

I have been extremely alarmed with the pattern developing in healthcare politics. I strongly believe the government is trying to eliminate private practices, leading us to be hospital employees, then control our salaries/jobs as hospital employees. I know this effects all specialties, not just Anesthesiology or Pain Medicine.

This is not a legal comittment at all, but more of an electronic "head count". If I were to proceed with the process of hiring a lawyer to legally create a physician's union, I want to know how many physicians would support this initiative. The point of the union would not be to leave critically ill patients without care, but to show that we as physicians will not allow lawyers to run our healthcare system. As physicians, our salaries account for 10-15% of health care costs, however we seem to be the only slice of the pie upon which politicians want to cut back. We need to stand strong as one, across all specialties, and return to practicing health care for what is best for the patient, not what is best for the health insurance company's bottom line. Personally, my patient care is affected on a daily basis, whether it is approval for a procedure I know will help or simply switching from neurontin to lyrica and awaiting approval.

If you truly feel like you would stand behind a physician's union financially, since politics boils down to money, please respond with a yes. If you are hesitant, say no because I want to get a head count of people that truly want to form a political union so we physicians can have a say in how we take care of our patients. Until lawyers and politicians allow doctors to dictate what they charge and how they run their law firms, we should be in charge of healthcare. My thoughts are to create a union of employed physicians since a union of self-employed physicians is illegal. I would like to create a PAC through which other people who support the cause but can not join the union are able to donate money. Please respoInd to [email protected] and PLEASE forward this email to any and every MD/physician across every specialty that you can think of. Thank you.

Unions are the problem...not the solution....to anything.

That's a "No" BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.