United Healthcare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Multimodal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my billers just informed me that the United Healthcare (if you can call it that), in our area(PNW) recently changed their LCD for cervical ESI. To my surprise, cervical freakking radiculopathy is no longer medical necessary.....however thoracic and lumbar radiculopathy are considered necessary for ESI in those areas. What the everloving F*$& is going on with these insurance companies?! had to rant about this

image001.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
So my billers just informed me that the United Healthcare (if you can call it that), in our area(PNW) recently changed their LCD for cervical ESI. To my surprise, cervical freakking radiculopathy is no longer medical necessary.....however thoracic and lumbar radiculopathy are considered necessary for ESI in those areas. What the everloving F*$& is going on with these insurance companies?! had to rant about this

View attachment 340748

So stupid if true -- just pay their stupid games back. Everyone will now be thoracic radiculopathy and still get a C7-T1 ILESI

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, ESIs are covered for diabetic neuropathy?

3 epidurals per year? Where do they get these numbers.

Just need a few more plans to stop covering injections and a lot more people will get behind Medicare for all.

I agree with 3 ESI in 12 months in each area ...if needing more it is probably not a good treatment
Q3 months for a poor surgical candidate is not unreasonable. Why make them wait another month.

Reactions: 4 users
euflexxa for all commercial w/ fluoro in facility, let them eat the cost of sos

We have had the same policy change here regarding CESI. Not getting paid for cervical radiculopathy

We have had the same policy change here regarding CESI. Not getting paid for cervical radiculopathy
Which ICD 10 code did you switch to?

I’m in Oklahoma.

We just picked a covered diagnosis off their list. See attached.

Attachments

• EC7CB2FE-60F2-48D2-9541-188FB3235011.jpeg
    EC7CB2FE-60F2-48D2-9541-188FB3235011.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 106
I’m in Oklahoma.

We just picked a covered diagnosis off their list. See attached.
Intervertebral disc stenosis of neural canal of upper extremity …..

And they won’t accept cervical radiculopathy. What a joke.

Reactions: 3 users
Cat and mouse. Will take years for some practices to realize they aren’t getting paid. Thank u sdn