Univ of California's plan for AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kutastha

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dad works at UC Riverside and was speaking with some higher-ups at some UC function in Berkeley this week. He was told that the UC is drafting a letter telling AMCAS they need to get themselves organized and start transmitting applications in a week or all the UCs will turn to a paper application and circumvent the whole AMCAS process. I think it's meant to be a kick in the pants for AMCAS, so I'm not sure about where the UCs would go from there regarding the transcripts and our money, but the schools are definitely as irate as the rest of us.

Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

Good for the UCs! Down with AMCAS!

Yeah.

Unfortunately, I am not applying to any of these schools...

That is good news. Im glad ajr. I applied to all the UCs.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW ajr, that is such goood news :)

I am applying to all the UCs....keep our fingers crossed...

so ur dar works in UC riverside...talk about connections....someone's set ;) :D

Originally posted by MoeDaMan:
•WOW ajr, that is such goood news :)

I am applying to all the UCs....keep our fingers crossed...

so ur dar works in UC riverside...talk about connections....someone's set ;) :D

Hey Moe - UCR doesn't have a medical school, just a joint BA/MD program with UCLA. And I'm getting in on my own merits. I've seen too many people get in with connections and it's nauseating.

Andrew

This may seem like a stupid question, (wouldn't be my first), but does that mean that the UC's haven't received any apps from AMCAS yet?

Homer J.

Originally posted by Homer J. Simpson:
•This may seem like a stupid question, (wouldn't be my first), but does that mean that the UC's haven't received any apps from AMCAS yet?

Homer J.

**************•

Yes.