Univ of Chicago-current and past applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dpark74, Sep 11, 2002.

1. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member

I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my app. I received an email over 4 weeks ago stating that the committe would decide among 3 options (interview, reject, hold for later re-review) and notify me surface mail within 4 weeks. The lady told me that my file has yet to be returned to her and therefore is still under review. I was hoping someone who went through this could give me some insight.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

i would give them some leeway- they are just starting up the school year there, and finishing business with last years people. give it another week or so before you start inquiring further. md/phd (i know you are asking about md) stuff isn't going to be started until october or something like that.

4. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

hello. Congrats on interviewing at Pritzker! I hope you enjoyed your time here. From what I learned, Pritzker started interviewing last week. How is, then, that you received an email 4 weeks ago stating you'd hear back?

Regardless, people hear back pretty quickly (3-4 wks) at the beginning, and as interviewees accumulate it extends to 4-6 wks and fluctuates between those time frames for the season. Hope that helps.

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

ok, I just re-read your post- and as I thought, I was the goofball. I assumed the three option were accept, reject, waitlist. I saw reject in there and glazed over. NOT a skill for a good doc ;)

as my man jot said, chill and good things will happen.