Univ of Chicago-current and past applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpark74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my app. I received an email over 4 weeks ago stating that the committe would decide among 3 options (interview, reject, hold for later re-review) and notify me surface mail within 4 weeks. The lady told me that my file has yet to be returned to her and therefore is still under review. I was hoping someone who went through this could give me some insight.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i would give them some leeway- they are just starting up the school year there, and finishing business with last years people. give it another week or so before you start inquiring further. md/phd (i know you are asking about md) stuff isn't going to be started until october or something like that.

hello. Congrats on interviewing at Pritzker! I hope you enjoyed your time here. From what I learned, Pritzker started interviewing last week. How is, then, that you received an email 4 weeks ago stating you'd hear back?

Regardless, people hear back pretty quickly (3-4 wks) at the beginning, and as interviewees accumulate it extends to 4-6 wks and fluctuates between those time frames for the season. Hope that helps.

ok, I just re-read your post- and as I thought, I was the goofball. I assumed the three option were accept, reject, waitlist. I saw reject in there and glazed over. NOT a skill for a good doc ;)

as my man jot said, chill and good things will happen.