Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Univ. of HOUSTON pharm applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PharmEm, Nov 15, 2005.

1. PharmEm

PharmEm Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm filling out my applciation for U-Houston pharm but I noticed that there isn't a section where you add your personal statement or a section for additional essays. Does UH require a personal statement, seems like I'm over looking something. :confused:

2. julierx

julierx Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    yea, i thought the same thing when i looked at their application. i called and they do not require one. which makes me think they are big on the numbers...

3. that1guy

that1guy that1guy
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I didn't see anything about a PS either. That was cool with me because I've already written three for UT and one for TTU. Never thought I could get so sick of talking about myself.

4. sweetmurphy

sweetmurphy Member
    5+ Year Member

5. sweetmurphy

sweetmurphy Member
    5+ Year Member

6. wheelsonfire

wheelsonfire Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Wheeeeeeeeew..........me to. I started to question if I had filled everything out. Hook'em horns. If you haven't put your Vince Young Heisman vote in yet, do it here http://www.voteforheisman.com/vote3.php.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. that1guy

that1guy that1guy
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Only one personal statement, huh. Well I officially hate you all.

Seriously though, this whole UT process is driving me nuts. According to the US News & World Report they are the second best pharm school in the nation, but their whole application system seems antiquated and sad compared to TTU and UH. I guess when you're good you don't have to try.

While I've got so many UT alums around, let me ask you: how long did it take to get an up or down after you completed your undergrad application?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, PharmEm. This is the last question I'll ask.

8. wheelsonfire

5+ Year Member

While I've got so many UT alums around, let me ask you: how long did it take to get an up or down after you completed your undergrad application?

What do you mean by up or down??? :confused:
    If you're talkin' about acceptance to pharmacy school, I'll have to let you know in the Spring.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. PharmEm

PharmEm Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

that1guy,
    don't worry about my thread, I got my question answered about UH. As for your up and down question, I don't understand what you mean. When it comes to the UT pharm app, you have to apply to the college of pharmacy and with UT in general.

10. that1guy

that1guy that1guy
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You guys are killing me.

What I meant was, how long did it take them to review your application when you applied to UT as an undergrad? The UT website says that most undergraduate applicants applying for the fall semester receive an answer in May. Keep in mind that the UT COP won't even consider me until I've been accepted as an undergrad transfer. Also keep in mind that the priority deadline for applying to the UT COP is Feb 1, and the overall deadline is Mar. 1. Which means that if UT admissions doesn't accept me as an undergrad until May, UT COP will never even consider me, and basically I'm screwed.

What makes matters worse is that, because I'm an active student, UT admissions won't consider my application complete until the current semester is over and they've received an updated transcript. So I'm looking at about late Dec. or early Jan. before UT undergrad admissions will even add me to the list of the kajillion students they are considering for undergrad admission.

What really bothers me about all this is that I am at the mercy of undergraduate admissions but i have no plans on becoming a UT undergrad!

Then again, maybe you guys finished your UT undergrad application and got accepted a week or two later. Please tell me that's what happened.

11. julierx

julierx Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I dont think I have good news for you, in high school i applied by the Feb 1st deadline, and didnt know i was accepted until May. :( . However, I know there are many students that apply to the COP that dont attend UT. They must have a different process for those students that ultimately wish to attend one of UT's graduate programs. Give Dr. Wilcox's office a call, I'm sure they can give you some answers about that whole process. Good luck.

12. sweetmurphy

sweetmurphy Member
    5+ Year Member

13. wheelsonfire

5+ Year Member

14. that1guy

that1guy that1guy
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thanks PharmEm, julie, sweet, and wheels. I'm going to contact the UT admissions office and ask for early consideration. If they say no, I'll just relax and keep my fingers crossed.

Let's keep each other updated.

Lone Star State rules!