Univ of Iowa Carver COM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kandy2012

The Sky is the Limit
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched and searched and did not find...soooo...thought I'd start the thread. Welcome Class of 2012!! Who's as excited as I am? :D Where is everyone from? I'm from California but did my undergrad and working on my MsPH in New Orleans at Tulane.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm also in the class of 2012! Looks like we are the only ones on here so far. I'm from Ames, Iowa originally, but did my undergrad in Arizona and am currently still in AZ. Until August that is...

Hello!!
really excited about Iowa!!!! Im from Cali also...
congrats!:hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, I'm also Class of 2012. I did my undergrad in Cincinnati at Xavier Univ but am originally from Nashville, TN. It still seems a bit surreal but I'm very excited and look forward to meeting you all!:) Congratulations!

I'm from Iowa and did my undergrad at UNI (Northern Iowa) and currently living just outside of Iowa City. Are you all going to the "Get Acquainted" day in April?

I'm IN. This was my number one choice and I just got the letter today. The final pool letters went out yesterday so there should be several more joining this list. I'm from Iowa.

If i live way down south, do you think I will find out tomarrow?? Was the letter a packet or a small letter....Iowa is my dream school but I have no clue of what they thought of me. I really want to go here!

If i live way down south, do you think I will find out tomarrow?? Was the letter a packet or a small letter....Iowa is my dream school but I have no clue of what they thought of me. I really want to go here!
I would guess tomorrow or friday. It was an 8X11 white envelope. It wasn't very thick, about 12 pages inside. I'm not sure if the waitlist envelopes are the same or smaller. Hope that helps. Good luck.

I'm here too! Just found out last week, and I'm ecstatic. I'm instate (at U of I already, in fact). Can't wait to meet you all! :hardy:

Congrats 2 you all! I will be at get acquainted day. We should all go out! Are u guys staying in the hotel they recommended?

:banana::love: hi guys! :love::love:

I think this is going to be the coolest class ever.

Hi everyone,
So I'm starting to look for a place to live, but the listings on craigslist and on the off-campus housing site listing are all across the river or in university heights. Does anyone know if many med students live downtown? And where could we find out if graduating 4th years have a place they are vacating?
I am from california and I haven't a clue.

Jennifer

Did you try the ICON message board? That's actually where I found my housing. It was the easiest thing to do for me since I live in Scottsdale, AZ right now and it worked out really well for me. Might want to give it a try!

Last edited: