Univ of Iowa - waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star23

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So is anyone else out there on the resident wait list at Iowa/have any advice or knowledge about how it has moved in past years?

Members don't see this ad.

Admissions on a rolling basis. Final admissions decisions announced on March 15. The alternate lists are made up at the final adcom meeting. Applicants are told their exact position on the rank-ordered resident or non-resdident alternate list. Information updated every 2-3 weeks during the summer. Iowa welcomes calls from students or advisors in order to maitain personal contact, but once the alternate list has been made up, no supplementary material is accepted.

I'd call the admissions office, I've heard they are pretty straight up with you on you're realistic chances of getting in. I've heard (not sure on this though) they usually go 15-20 deep on the resident waitlist, although it has already moved some.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info on how far the list has moved in the past. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know people accepted at Iowa you are not planning to attend Iowa?

Give it up already! You know that if you haven't gotten in by now, then you are not gonna get in. So go lick your wounds and try again next year.

ok that was my two cents.

------------------
I don't follow tha drugz, tha drugz follow me

hey jalepeno
I can do without the snide remarks.

hey you misspelled my name.

------------------

jalapeno
You don't seem to have that compassion thing down. I don't imagine you will get in anywhere, but if you do...i would feel very badly for any of your patients.

[This message has been edited by star23 (edited April 25, 2001).]

I already got into a bad-ass school. So no worries here.

------------------

Hey Star: Did you get accepted at your two top choices (Meharry and Mercer)? I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I think you will fit right in. You have the kinda of personality and attributes that those institutions are looking for. Good luck!

------------------

So, where are you going Jose? Somewhere in the Caribbean....
smile.gif

Hey Christiangirl: I am going to a nice school in the west. How about you?

What exact school is that? Be proud, since you want to slam the names of other schools. I will be going to a school in the East or Midwest.

I doubt that I was slamming other schools. I have no recollection of that. I made a comment about UTMB(galveston in the Texans thread) based on what of my buddies at UTSW said. Other than that, I dunno about putting down other schools (or were you referring to the comment about Meharry?). Are you still waiting to hear from Duke or Wash U? Curious about where i am going? I really hope you get in. I was just screwing around as I am sure you already figured it out.

Jose. In these moments, I think you should realize that while humor is good, suggesting that people will not have their dream come true is in POOR taste and NEVER humorous. Perhaps, you should take an introspective look and think about whether you would find it humorous for someone to suggest that after you enter medical school and work hard that you will not get to do the residency of your choice. Not funny is it?

Yes, I am still waiting for Duke. I didn't apply to Wash U. So, where are you going? I am curious as I am sure others are.

Yes, I am still waiting for Duke. I didn't apply to Wash U. So, where are you going? I am curious as I am sure others are.[/B][/QUOTE]

UW.

Hey jose: I am going to try to not be vindictive, but you were wrong. I got in. That is all I am going to say.

Jose got booted from the SDN.