1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Univ. of Kansas biochem text...

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by pete., Jan 28, 2002.

1. pete.

pete. Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello,

I noticed that there was no 'required' biochem text (on the list from the bookstore) for year one. Is this actually the case at KU Med - if so, is there a text that the prof / students generally recommend.

any help appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Burningwick

Burningwick New Member

The profs say that you'll get all the info you need from their handouts and lectures (which are transcribed by a note service). They're mostly right. Most people used their text from undergrad or grad for occasional reference. Personally, that's all I needed. Are you looking at starting at KU Med?

4. pete.

pete. Member
    7+ Year Member

Burningwick - thanks for the response.

Yup - Aug. 2002 - any advice?

5. Burningwick

Burningwick New Member

Sleep now, while you still can. I wouldn't recommend buying too many textbooks for your first year. You won't have time to read them and many of the classes will give you a syllabus (400+ pgs/semester) that will contain all the info you need. There are a few books that you'll need but I'd talk to someone before you start buying. Congrats on getting in and let me know if you need help with anything.