Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

univ of ky

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Justin4563, May 26, 2001.

1. Justin4563

Justin4563 Banned
    Banned

does anyone know anything about the univ of kentucky; one of my friends just got in there?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Its located in Lexington. What specifically did you want to know?

There are loads of Kentuckians here (for some strange reason...musta been drawn by the Billy Ray Cyrus threads ;) ) who I'm sure will be helpful.

4. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Depends on what you want to know. I have some friends there as well as some starting in the fall. If I can answer something specific, let me know.

And, I was here WAY before Billy Ray Cyrus hit the fan. ;)

5. Katherine

Katherine Member

www.uky.edu

I'm going there this fall, will be my first semester. But like most people from Kentucky I bleed Blue and White. :) What do you want to know about the school?

6. Jamier2

Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully I'll be there a year behind you Katherine. Right now I have a small bit of Big Red in my veins as well, but once I am (hopefully) accepted at UK, that should clear up. ;)

7. Katherine

Katherine Member

In my haste, I forgot to state that I'm an undergrad and will be starting my sophomore year @ UK. I'm not that knowledgable about the med school, if that's what you're wanting to know about.
    And it's ok Jamie... we ALL make mistakes. When you go to UK, you can forget about that WKU blip ;)

8. kris

kris Senior Member

I figured we'd lose you to your home state! Mum's the word.
    --kris

9. kris

kris Senior Member

I've been surprised that there are SO many folks here from KY, and not a soul from Nebraska's COM. I'm kinda bummed about that myself.

--kris

10. Jamier2

Moderator Emeritus

I suppose you're right. If I get accepted at both, I would most likely choose UK. Can't beat in-state tuition. :) Unless I had something I hated about the place, and I loved UNMC. I already know I love the UNMC environment, but I think UK is also nice from what I hear from friends.

11. tbachi

tbachi Member

Most of the people I know got in the first time around. I haven't heard anything about the waiting list. Is your friend that just got admitted from Kentucky?????? I am crossing my fingers that my two friends on the wait list will get in soon.

12. Jamier2

Moderator Emeritus

Same here.

Ne neither, I don't know anyone still waiting. The people around here either got in or didn't, at least the ones I know. :)

Yep, he's from KY. I don't know any out-of-staters who applied. Are you going to UK?

Also, was this directed to me? If not, disregard this post. :)

13. tbachi

tbachi Member

Yes, I am attending UK. I am currently battling through the application process.. and unfortunately studying for the August MCAT.

14. Jamier2

Moderator Emeritus

I'm here with you on the application. The MCAT, however, is another story. I hope I know in a couple weeks. :)