Univ. of Maryland or Univ. at Buffalo NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meahri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I got accepted to University of Maryland and University at Buffalo (SUNY). Which school do you think is a better school and why? I am having hard time choosing between these two. I live in Illinois so I'll have to pay out of state tuition. (I decided to go to University of Maryland but I am getting little bit disappointed in them because I paid my deposit about a month ago and it hasn't been cashed out yet and they were very difficult to contact. Often times they don't respond to my emails)

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would just call Maryland directly. I called Patrice Sharp a few times regarding the wait list and have had no problems talking to her.
I wouldn't decide to not go to a school just because they are hard to contact. i would try again now - if you tried to contact them earlier, they might have been busy with graduation, admissions, end of the year stuff. Now that school is finished (I assume they are - most are by now), it may be less busy.

You also have to decide if you want to live in Buffalo or Baltimore. Two very different cities.