Univ. of MD-Baltimore, VCU, Mary Baldwin Univ., TJU, University of the Sciences and Boston University Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePT27

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to create a thread for updates and such, for those who applied to any of the above schools!

Good luck to all! :)

Please feel free to post when you submitted your application and if you've heard anything thus far.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UMD Baltimore and TJU! Interviewed with UMD on September 30th (I know they don't send out decisions until December-ish), and I'm still waiting to hear from TJU even though I submitted my application at the end of August

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application very early August and had an interview with Thomas Jefferson on October 8! They just called me this afternoon to tell me I have been accepted! I also received an interview request from USciences on October 13 and picked a November date for the interview. A coworker of mine received an interview from UMD - Baltimore, I believe it is on October 28.

Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to UMD Baltimore and TJU! Interviewed with UMD on September 30th (I know they don't send out decisions until December-ish), and I'm still waiting to hear from TJU even though I submitted my application at the end of August
I have my interview for UMD-B next week. Do you mind sharing what the experience was like. I’ve read blogs and watched videos about what to expect from a pt interview, but it all sounds so generic. Hoping you could shed some light. Good luck with your other app.

@gn0823 @futuredptms @deblambo

Yay! Congratulations to everyone! I applied to TJU, Univ. of the Sciences and Mary Baldwin July 19th and haven't heard anything back yet. So I may reach out to them for an update. I applied to VCU and UMD-B on September 5th and interviewed with UMD-B yesterday! Still waiting on VCU.

The interview for UMD-B was very nice and informative. It's a long day, so be prepared, but the interview portion was more conversational than formal. I really enjoyed it and the professors made it very comfortable! Good luck to everyone!

I applied to UMD Baltimore, VCU, and Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin. I interviewed with UMB in mid-September and it honestly wasn't as scary as I thought it would be but it was definitely a longer day compared to my other interviews that were only an hour or two. There were a couple presentations then we interviewed in groups of 4-5 people with 1 or 2 faculty members. Overall everyone was really nice!

Had my apps in Mid-August
- Invited for an interview for UMD-B September 15 and the interview was October 21st. Decisions go out mid December they said. It also seems like they're interviewing every Wednesday.
- Invited for interview with Uscience October 13, I chose the first date, October 27th 1pm-2pm

My interview for UMD-B will be on Nov 11! Best of luck to all of you!

I have my interview for UMD-B next week. Do you mind sharing what the experience was like. I’ve read blogs and watched videos about what to expect from a pt interview, but it all sounds so generic. Hoping you could shed some light. Good luck with your other app.
I interviewed with UMB on Sept 16 and it was overall a really nice experience! A little awkward at first but I expected that with Zoom lol. Lots of time for asking questions and the faculty/students were awesome (be ready to sit in front of your computer from 9am-2pm though). Group interviews were held towards the end of the day, I had 4 other prospective students in my group and they just went down the line asking us questions. Good luck!!!

@gn0823 @FuturePT27 @Jfudpt @Have.A.Gait.Day @pthopeful23

Thanks all, great info. Definitely good advice about not rehearsing. I was in an interview for a different program last Monday and You could really tell some people had answers to questions memorized, I think wanting to get it out perfect makes them more stressed.
I hope we all get into our top choices!

I submitted my application very early August and had an interview with Thomas Jefferson on October 8! They just called me this afternoon to tell me I have been accepted! I also received an interview request from USciences on October 13 and picked a November date for the interview. A coworker of mine received an interview from UMD - Baltimore, I believe it is on October 28.

Best of luck to you!!
congratulations on your acceptance! I have an interview with Jefferson in a few weeks. Did they say how long you have before you have to make your decision/first deposit?

I interviewed with TJU and was accepted. I've yet to hear back from UScience. Now that I'm seeing others were invited for interviews 2 weeks ago, I'll e-mail them tomorrow.

Hey, I applied to Usciences, TJU, and BU.
I got accepted to USciences, still waiting on a decision from TJU, and still haven't heard back from BU (but they did say they release their decisions in January).

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with UMB on Sept 16 and it was overall a really nice experience! A little awkward at first but I expected that with Zoom lol. Lots of time for asking questions and the faculty/students were awesome (be ready to sit in front of your computer from 9am-2pm though). Group interviews were held towards the end of the day, I had 4 other prospective students in my group and they just went down the line asking us questions. Good luck!!!
I have my interview tomorrow! What were some of the questions they asked?

Oops just saw this, I’m assuming you already had your interview by now lol I hope it went well!!!

Just got an email that I was waitlisted this morning. Will be withdrawing since I already committed elsewhere. Best of luck to everyone.

UM-Baltimore just sent an email saying the are now contacting those on the waitlist

Last edited:
I declined my UM Baltimore seat today so I hope it goes to a good candidate. Good luck all.

This might sound weird but if you applied to UMD Baltimore would you mind telling me why? For context, I live in Maryland and am going to be applying this upcoming cycle, and UMD-B is on my list. Obviously, in-state tuition is a big draw, but I don't find myself that excited about anything else in the program- not that it looks like a bad program, just that there are others (read: more expensive schools) that excite me more. Maybe someone can help me get excited about applying there?

Something that made me consider them was their block curriculum format. If you're like me and never heard of this then look below for my rough explanation of it.
Instead of having separate biology, anatomy, physiology courses, it's taught as one "mega-course" = block that covers multiple areas/topics.
This was attractive to me because you won't end up with like 3 exams in one week, you'll just maybe have one exam for the mega-course. (or 2 because later years you have multiple blocks/semester). Some of the students said that having the subjects sorta interweave like that makes learning easier. They could be learning biomechanics and the professor would relate it to another subject and it would just click a lot better for them.

I'm just went off of memory from my interview day and the scribbled notes i took, maybe someone else can explain better.