Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Univ. of Miami ACCEPTANCES????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dulop, Nov 18, 2005.

1. dulop

dulop Member
    5+ Year Member

I was told at my interview i'd be alerted as to the admissions committee's decision on the night of the 16th of morning of the 17th. That time has passed and still now word. Anyone else with similar experiences with this school and if so how long before a decision? Can i expect to hear on a weekend?

2. Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    they are a bunch of slackers down there.......all of 'em lol :laugh:

3. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    They are running behind because of Hurricane Wilma. I waited a month to hear back. Also, there is a new storm about to hit us this week called Gamma. Sigh....this hurricane season might NEVER end. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kkbmd2b

kkbmd2b the quiet one
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I applied last year and got an interview during the last round of interviews for the season. We were told on the interview day we'd get notification on or after a certain date on which the committee was meeting. That date came and went. So I called the admissions office after a few days and was told by a secretary that letters would be mailed out that day. A few days later (on a Saturday), I got a skinny envelope containing a rejection letter. Whether this is a unique experience or not, I'm uncertain, but it doesn't surprise me--I worked for UM for several years and their mail service alone operates at a snail's pace.... Keep the faith, though--you may well get better news than I did, even if it arrives much later than you expected. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kkbmd2b

kkbmd2b the quiet one
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Now *that* is an understatement!!!!

Food for thought: perhaps this is the universe's way of telling us that we shouldn't attend medical school in hurricane-prone areas...

6. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    lol, unfortunately there is quite the concentration of med schools in the Gulf Coast and Atlantic states....the others are all in CA, where they might fall into the ocean during the next earthquake, or in the north where they get blizzards and tornadoes. So, pick your poison. ;)

7. kkbmd2b

kkbmd2b the quiet one
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    lol...very true, and yet, the worst thing i ever experienced during the 5 years i lived in new england was a bad ice storm. never even lost power--just got to stay inside and read. so far this year in miami, it's been 20+ days (total) without power (most in 90 degree heat with 99% humidity)! i think i'll take the blizzards! :D

8. DrMike24

DrMike24 eat, drink, and be merry
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hinkley said that he would email me the 19th at 6-9 pm... it came the next morning. Hope that helps?