dulop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2005
Status
I was told at my interview i'd be alerted as to the admissions committee's decision on the night of the 16th of morning of the 17th. That time has passed and still now word. Anyone else with similar experiences with this school and if so how long before a decision? Can i expect to hear on a weekend?

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
Medical Student
they are a bunch of slackers down there.......all of 'em lol :laugh:

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
They are running behind because of Hurricane Wilma. I waited a month to hear back. Also, there is a new storm about to hit us this week called Gamma. Sigh....this hurricane season might NEVER end. :(

About the Ads

kkbmd2b

the quiet one
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2005
amongst a whole big pile of books
Status
Medical Student
dulop said:
I was told at my interview i'd be alerted as to the admissions committee's decision on the night of the 16th of morning of the 17th. That time has passed and still now word. Anyone else with similar experiences with this school and if so how long before a decision? Can i expect to hear on a weekend?
I applied last year and got an interview during the last round of interviews for the season. We were told on the interview day we'd get notification on or after a certain date on which the committee was meeting. That date came and went. So I called the admissions office after a few days and was told by a secretary that letters would be mailed out that day. A few days later (on a Saturday), I got a skinny envelope containing a rejection letter. Whether this is a unique experience or not, I'm uncertain, but it doesn't surprise me--I worked for UM for several years and their mail service alone operates at a snail's pace.... Keep the faith, though--you may well get better news than I did, even if it arrives much later than you expected. Good luck!

kkbmd2b

the quiet one
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2005
Status
Medical Student
QofQuimica said:
They are running behind because of Hurricane Wilma. I waited a month to hear back. Also, there is a new storm about to hit us this week called Gamma. Sigh....this hurricane season might NEVER end. :(
Now *that* is an understatement!!!!

Food for thought: perhaps this is the universe's way of telling us that we shouldn't attend medical school in hurricane-prone areas...

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
kkbmd2b said:
Now *that* is an understatement!!!!

Food for thought: perhaps this is the universe's way of telling us that we shouldn't attend medical school in hurricane-prone areas...
lol, unfortunately there is quite the concentration of med schools in the Gulf Coast and Atlantic states....the others are all in CA, where they might fall into the ocean during the next earthquake, or in the north where they get blizzards and tornadoes. So, pick your poison. ;)

kkbmd2b

the quiet one
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2005
Status
Medical Student
QofQuimica said:
lol, unfortunately there is quite the concentration of med schools in the Gulf Coast and Atlantic states....the others are all in CA, where they might fall into the ocean during the next earthquake, or in the north where they get blizzards and tornadoes. So, pick your poison. ;)
lol...very true, and yet, the worst thing i ever experienced during the 5 years i lived in new england was a bad ice storm. never even lost power--just got to stay inside and read. so far this year in miami, it's been 20+ days (total) without power (most in 90 degree heat with 99% humidity)! i think i'll take the blizzards! :D

DrMike24

eat, drink, and be merry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Hinkley said that he would email me the 19th at 6-9 pm... it came the next morning. Hope that helps?

About the Ads