dentist_up

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status
Has the Regret Letters been sent out by Univ of Michigan?
They said they would let everyone know by 15th march and i'm guessing selection has already happened.

Sharat chandra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2004
Status
dentist_up said:
Has the Regret Letters been sent out by Univ of Michigan?
They said they would let everyone know by 15th march and i'm guessing selection has already happened.

you are right the selection has been made but only the selected lot have benn informed, the wait list numbers arent out yet. i am also waiting for that .

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
:thumbup: hi all,

i am so happy to finaaly post my acceptance. :love: :love: after a 2 year long wait i finally got accepted to univ of michigan. i am soooo happy. my stats are 88,83,287,3.70. all the best to all those waiting.on piece of advice is have faith in god and remember whatever happens happens for the best.

sanju

About the Ads

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
Sanju said:

i am so happy to finaaly post my acceptance. :love: :love: after a 2 year long wait i finally got accepted to univ of michigan. i am soooo happy. my stats are 88,83,287,3.70. all the best to all those waiting.on piece of advice is have faith in god and remember whatever happens happens for the best.

sanju
Congrats Sanju

rahmed

Toothzone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hi Sanju

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... :thumbup:
You finally made it...your hard work and persistance has paid off!!!
University of Michigan is of the TOP schools in USA...!!!
Kindly post your interview and bench test experience for all those waiting for the next term.....
All the best to you.. :luck: :)
Keep posting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TZ

Sanju said:

sanju

kpd155

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2005
Status
Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all who were accepted.

I know that we have a lot to do before school starts in May and everyone is struggling with one thing or the other.

I just wanted you guys to let you know about this yahoo group where we all can post our concerns about different things.

Apartments,
Financial statements,
Loans,
Start date,
Anything that anyone has heard etc etc etc

here is the webiste for that
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ITDPclassmates
Group email address: [email protected]

See you guys there. :luck:

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
thanks rahmed and toothzone. all the best to you guys in the future.

sanju

Ragini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Sanju said:

sanju
Hey sanju,
hearty congratulations to you :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good luck with umich.

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Thanks Ragini.

I have been getting a lot of PM's about the interview process so i thought i will just write it here.

UMich interview process was very intense. the first day in the morning, they had mini monitered interviews in which you have 6 spots and a faculty member sitting at each spot with a written scenario. you have to discuss that scenario with the faculty member for 7 mins. the scenario may be dental (ethical issues in dentistry, excessive use of xrays whether reqd or not etc.) or non dental. the 2nd part of the morning was a simulated patient exercise where a common man, non-dentist will be sitting with a scenario as if he/she were a patient and has some issue with the treatment or payment and you have to try and convince them as a dentist. you get 110 mins to do it.

the 2nd half of the 1st day was a case based written exam like the 2nd day of part 2 NDB. we had 10 cases each with case histories, xrays, models and photographs and were asked 6-7 ques on each. we got 20 mins per case

the 2nd day was the practical exam in which we had to do a pfm on #12, MOD amlagam prep on #3, MOD amalgam prep with filling on #14, class 3 composite prep on #8, Class 4 compoite prep and filling on #9. we were given 3 hours to do all this. materials were supplied to us. we did not need to carry anything.

please feel free to ask me anything. i am currently in india and so do not check my mails regularly. so i might take a few days to reply.

sanjukta

dramol

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2004
Status
Hi Sanjukta,

Heartiest congratulations to you.
wish you very all the best for future.

amol

Toothzone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
Thanks Sanju...

You are the best as always.... :)
Thanks for taking time out and helping all of us here about the interview details at michigan...it is really very informative!!! :thumbup:
Hope many other students also come and help all of us at sdn and post some really useful information..
All the very best to you :luck:
Enjoy your holidays in india..you deserve this break.. :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care..
Keep posting...............................
TZ

Sanju said:
Thanks Ragini.

I have been getting a lot of PM's about the interview process so i thought i will just write it here.

UMich interview process was very intense. the first day in the morning, they had mini monitered interviews in which you have 6 spots and a faculty member sitting at each spot with a written scenario. you have to discuss that scenario with the faculty member for 7 mins. the scenario may be dental (ethical issues in dentistry, excessive use of xrays whether reqd or not etc.) or non dental. the 2nd part of the morning was a simulated patient exercise where a common man, non-dentist will be sitting with a scenario as if he/she were a patient and has some issue with the treatment or payment and you have to try and convince them as a dentist. you get 110 mins to do it.

the 2nd half of the 1st day was a case based written exam like the 2nd day of part 2 NDB. we had 10 cases each with case histories, xrays, models and photographs and were asked 6-7 ques on each. we got 20 mins per case

the 2nd day was the practical exam in which we had to do a pfm on #12, MOD amlagam prep on #3, MOD amalgam prep with filling on #14, class 3 composite prep on #8, Class 4 compoite prep and filling on #9. we were given 3 hours to do all this. materials were supplied to us. we did not need to carry anything.

please feel free to ask me anything. i am currently in india and so do not check my mails regularly. so i might take a few days to reply.

sanjukta

Gaura Nitai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
Status
Hi Sanjukta

Heartiest Congratuations to you. :thumbup:
Wishing you best in all your future endevours..............
Univ.of mich is a great school!! :D
Good luck :luck:
GN

Sanju said:
Thanks Ragini.

sanjukta

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
Hi sanju

Thanks for the posting.

Best wishes

rahmed

Sanju said:
Thanks Ragini.

sanjukta

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Gaura Nitai said:
Hi Sanjukta

Heartiest Congratuations to you. :thumbup:
Wishing you best in all your future endevours..............
Univ.of mich is a great school!! :D
Good luck :luck:
GN
Thanks Gauri Nitai and Dramol.

sanjukta

spowari

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status
Sanju said:

sanju
hey congratulations sanju

toothfairy78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
hi guys,just thought ill add on somethign that sanjuleft out along with all the preps we were also asked to do an endo root access opening on endodontic teeth,one was a premolar&the other was a molar(forst molar)all this on 3 hrs.

anvi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
Status
Sanju said:

sanju
CONGRATS SANJU.
anvi.

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
toothfairy78 said:
hi guys,just thought ill add on somethign that sanjuleft out along with all the preps we were also asked to do an endo root access opening on endodontic teeth,one was a premolar&the other was a molar(forst molar)all this on 3 hrs.
WOW..this is crazy..all 6 exercise in just 3 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!....I am sure I would have flunked in completeting all in time :p ..Oh well, good that they didn't invite me for the interview :D

Congrats to all who got their accetances :thumbup:

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Thanks spowari, anvi and dentaldoc. toothfaiy, thanks fo adding the info. I had completely forgotten about the rc preps. i knew i was missing something.

sanju

BDS-DMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
All those starting school this year,please read and reply to the "Universal 2007 Acceptance Thread" started by yours truly.

Thanks

Ann 03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status
Sanju said:

sanju
congratualations sanju
hard work paid off. enjoy your trip to india. give me a call when u get back

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Ann 03 said:
congratualations sanju
hard work paid off. enjoy your trip to india. give me a call when u get back
hearty congratulations to all who got accepted @ umich !!! :thumbup: