Universidad Central del Este

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by hndrx1a, Nov 27, 2001.

1. hndrx1a

hndrx1a electric medical haze
    7+ Year Member

Hi,there...anyone else graduate from this med school located in the Dominican Republic?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member

Hi, if you graduated from UCE, many would benefit by your telling of your expereinces there.

4. hndrx1a

hndrx1a electric medical haze
    7+ Year Member

Sorry, took so long to reply Steve...yes,I graduated from UCE; experiences were great & varied- I am a US citizen, born here, so just dealing with change in environment, & culture
    were a bit of a challenge(shocking, actually) ...I am fluent in spanish, but must say, there were more than a few students getting by on vary basic spanish(don't know how they did it!).Classes taught in spanish, basically read textbooks in English...
    What can I say? What I think UCE & most foreign med schools are, is a great opportunity to become doctors, if you're dedicated enough & can deal w/adversity - sure, you have to put up with a lot of stuff US med students would'nt even dream of, but you are given a gateway to medicine in US...
    Know of many, many students @ UCE that are now US surgeons, cardiologists, pediatricians, etc...