SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Universidad Central del Este

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by hndrx1a, Nov 27, 2001.

1. hndrx1a

hndrx1a electric medical haze 7+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Hi,there...anyone else graduate from this med school located in the Dominican Republic?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Stephen Ewen

Stephen Ewen 10+ Year Member

Hi, if you graduated from UCE, many would benefit by your telling of your expereinces there.

4. hndrx1a

hndrx1a electric medical haze 7+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Sorry, took so long to reply Steve...yes,I graduated from UCE; experiences were great & varied- I am a US citizen, born here, so just dealing with change in environment, & culture
    were a bit of a challenge(shocking, actually) ...I am fluent in spanish, but must say, there were more than a few students getting by on vary basic spanish(don't know how they did it!).Classes taught in spanish, basically read textbooks in English...
    What can I say? What I think UCE & most foreign med schools are, is a great opportunity to become doctors, if you're dedicated enough & can deal w/adversity - sure, you have to put up with a lot of stuff US med students would'nt even dream of, but you are given a gateway to medicine in US...
    Know of many, many students @ UCE that are now US surgeons, cardiologists, pediatricians, etc...