Universidad Central del Este

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hndrx1a

electric medical haze
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,there...anyone else graduate from this med school located in the Dominican Republic?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, if you graduated from UCE, many would benefit by your telling of your expereinces there.

Sorry, took so long to reply Steve...yes,I graduated from UCE; experiences were great & varied- I am a US citizen, born here, so just dealing with change in environment, & culture
were a bit of a challenge(shocking, actually) ...I am fluent in spanish, but must say, there were more than a few students getting by on vary basic spanish(don't know how they did it!).Classes taught in spanish, basically read textbooks in English...
What can I say? What I think UCE & most foreign med schools are, is a great opportunity to become doctors, if you're dedicated enough & can deal w/adversity - sure, you have to put up with a lot of stuff US med students would'nt even dream of, but you are given a gateway to medicine in US...
Know of many, many students @ UCE that are now US surgeons, cardiologists, pediatricians, etc...