University at Buffalo and May 15th...what they say is true

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone on the high priority alternate list at UB, I just received my acceptance letter today so the list IS moving!! I interviewed on April 10, in case anyone is wondering.

My first acceptance so it's an even sweeter feeling. I hope the best for anyone still waiting. I am also still waiting on one more school so the waiting game isn't over for me quite yet, either.

I hope we all get there!

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS chemE!!!!! what other school are you waiting to hear from?

Thanks CityIvy!

Well, as you know, i'm still waiting for that letter from MCP from last Thursday! Since I've gotten into a state school, I will withdraw from MCP as soon as I get my acceptance packet from Buffalo.

But my dream school is Stony Brook, I'm still waiting to hear from them, it's been over 6 weeks. So, like I said, the wait is hardly over for me, too.

But thanks for the congrats and I hope you hear good news from MCP soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ChemE,

I'm in that list as well... guess not quite high as you are :) But I'm happy to see the list move early. Keep in touch we may end up classmates :)

El Tico

Non medical bud useful Spanish
-----------------------------
Guey - Mexican slang for "dude"

A word to the wise, University at Buffalo has a far better reputation for turning out quality physicians than Stony Brook. Before you turn down UB, speak to your advisors, and make a smart decision.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely consider it. It's just that medical school is going to be difficult and challenging wherever I go, so there are other considerations I'm taking into account, like being close to the people I love. Four years is a long time! But, like you said, it's not a decision to be made lightly so I will certainly think long and hard about it, if I have to, that is...I may still get rejected from Stony Brook, in which case, I won't have to decide.

chemE:

You received a letter from Buffalo stating that you were on the alternate list, correct.

On the letter did it say that you were high priority or did you find out from Dr. Rosso and the admissions staff.

Thanks

AK

Doc AdamK in 2006,

My letter from UB stated that I was on the "highest priority" alternate list, which at the time I thought was just a nice way of saying pretty much the "waitlist." But apparently not. :)

I'm also on the high priority list at Upstate, aren't you as well?

High Priority at Stony Brook

I thought I was going to be on the high priority, because I thought they might have picked a local person. I only live 5 mins from UB.

Upstate hates me. I didn't even get an interview.

Waitlist at Downstate.

AK

AK and ChemE,

I'm in the same boat as ChemE, I'm still waitlisted in stony brook... but just like ChemE, I really hope to be close to the people I love, my gf is in NYC... but they have to accept me first...

I really like Buffalo, and would love to be there for the 4 years... I am from upstate too, and love to fish in the finger lakes :)

Doc, I was just like ChemE on that HP alternate list for buffalo, but just like everyone else... I'm on that High Priority list in SB. I believe that that's the only list they have. However, the admission people told me it's ranked.

We'll see :) Hopefully we'll all endup in the school of our choice... :)

ChemE we should exchange e-mails! :)