University At Buffalo - how are they with CC pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmBoy90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know anything about SUNY Buffalo's program, and how open they are to applicants taking pre-reqs at a community college? I'm in a lot of debt as I'm already in my 3rd year of school, but I just decided I wanted to do Pharmacy. I don't know if I can afford 2 more years at the University and then 4 years of Pharm school...if I could do my pre-reqs at a CC it would help me out a lot.

If Buffalo doesn't like pre-reqs taken at a CC, then can you recommend some schools that are more open towards it?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here know anything about SUNY Buffalo's program, and how open they are to applicants taking pre-reqs at a community college? I'm in a lot of debt as I'm already in my 3rd year of school, but I just decided I wanted to do Pharmacy. I don't know if I can afford 2 more years at the University and then 4 years of Pharm school...if I could do my pre-reqs at a CC it would help me out a lot.

If Buffalo doesn't like pre-reqs taken at a CC, then can you recommend some schools that are more open towards it?

We do accept courses from any accredited institution, but the Admissions Committee typically prefers those from a four-year institution. Give us a call if you want to discuss your application: 716-645-2825.