University Health Sciences Antigua

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshfrench

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this school? There are lots of negative comments, but other comments suggest they are just failed out students who are now angry. The main reason I would like to go there is because a friend's family has a house there and I can stay there for free.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about this school? There are lots of negative comments, but other comments suggest they are just failed out students who are now angry. The main reason I would like to go there is because a friend's family has a house there and I can stay there for free.

I think you will be well served by doing some research into what attending an offshore medical school entails.

Were you hired by someone to write this post?

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you hired by someone to write this post?
No, I wasn't hired by someone to write this. Sorry if it seemed that way. Just being honest and looking for info. I am 45 and am looking to go back to school. I am not up on everything like I should be I guess. I was on "valuemed" and came across conflicting information. I showed it to the school and they gave me up to date answers. They weren't too bad but I still have some questions and was hoping for other experiences here.

No, I wasn't hired by someone to write this. Sorry if it seemed that way. Just being honest and looking for info. I am 45 and am looking to go back to school. I am not up on everything like I should be I guess. I was on "valuemed" and came across conflicting information. I showed it to the school and they gave me up to date answers. They weren't too bad but I still have some questions and was hoping for other experiences here.

If you're 45 you should seriously evaluate whether going to medical school is a smart move or not. If you decide that it is, you should probably avoid the Caribbean at all costs as they're horrifically expensive and don't guarantee you anything. You would really do well by going to a US MD or DO school.

(sent from my phone)

Securing a residency at age 50 will be hard enough as it is, why put yourself at a greater disadvantage by attending a Caribbean school, that too one which doesn't have a good track record of placing graduates in residencies despite being in existence since the 80s, is not approved in California and in states which follow the California list and has online components?

And just FYI, http://www.oldpremeds.org/ might be a good site to hang around.

Last edited:
Securing a residency at age 50 will be hard enough as it is, why put yourself at a greater disadvantage by attending a Caribbean school, that too one which doesn't have a good track record of placing graduates in residencies despite being in existence since the 80s, is not approved in California and in states which follow the California list and has online components?

And just FYI, http://www.oldpremeds.org/ might be a good site to hang around.
Thanks. I have two PhDs and just want a change. I'm not too bothered about the costs. I am confident with my research background I would get a residency. I think I would be able to give medicine quite a bit in my 15 years. How do you know that the school doesn't have a good track record of placing graduates? From my understanding, there are only several states that follow California.