Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

University isn't sending me my transcript - what to do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by Sean Lee, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Non-Student
    My university, like most, allows current/former students to have a copy of the official transcript sent to our own email addresses for our own references.

Last week, I sent in a request for a copy of my transcript (I followed all the protocols and filled the necessary form), and the school hasn't given me my transcript yet. The registrar's office says all transcript requests will be processed within 3 business days, but it has past 3 days, and still nothing.

Should I call them or just send in another request?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    patience.... thats all you can do. I bet if you keep bugging them they are going to put your request at the bottom of the pile. It will take like 3 days for them to process it, then a couple days to get mailed to you. These things take time.

4. medickdb

medickdb 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If it's graduation time, it's a busier time for them.

5. Elevencents

Elevencents 5+ Year Member

Let me guess, it's been 4 days? Just relax and contact them if nothing in a few more days.

WesternRedCedar likes this.
  6. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Non-Student
    It is an email/PDF copy request, so it takes no time for mailing. And I just called them, and the person in charge says that my email was not received!

My fax machine is broken, so I just sent in another request.

And also, the person I called today told me that they are processing last Friday's requests, which means last Wednesday/Thursdays requests have already been processed. So they aren't that busy.

7. polylux

polylux 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I really think you need to breath more and learn how to better deal with these things without posting about every little thing that comes up on SDN... really, what did you think we would tell you? This is totally unrelated to AACOMAS or DO schools themselves, and we don't know your university, so we really can't help you. Similarly, many of your previous questions on the AACOMAS FAQ thread were questions that could be answered easily if you had just read the instructions a little more carefully, or had just sat down for a second to think things through clearly. You need to be able to troubleshoot these things yourself without flipping out.

Everyone wants to help, but I'm starting to think that for you, SDN is just contributing to some severe anxiety. You should not need SDN's help to resolve this, and that you feel so anxious about something so incredibly small should indicate something to you about how you're dealing with your obvious stress.

8. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    SDN is definitely contributing to your anxiety, take a break. You're entering a profession that demands a certain level of self-reliance and responsibility - you need to learn to deal with stress and how to not turn little things into big things.

This is positive criticism, it will help you in your interviews - because if you don't work on what the small observation from your forum behaviour, I can't imagine how you might come off in real life interview situation, which is much more stressful.

Good luck.

Sean Lee likes this.
  9. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Non-Student
    I appreciate the constructive criticisms....but I hope the university isn't withholding my transcript on purpose...

10. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    Yes because they are out to get you :rolleyes:

candbgirl and Dr Turkelton like this.
  11. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Non-Student
    My point is it is odd that they didn't get my email even after checking their inboxes.

12. mnsman

mnsman 2+ Year Member

Last edited: 05.12.14
  13. Elevencents

Elevencents 5+ Year Member

Lol what? You think the registrar plays games with students? If they were holding it they would have told you, not said they never received your email.

14. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Non-Student
    I sent my email directly to their main address, as requested. So it is odd that they haven't received anything. Weird.

15. polylux

polylux 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Could be worse. Could be cement.

16. medickdb

medickdb 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sometimes technology fails. Adapt and overcome.

Sean Lee likes this.
  17. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Non-Student
    Are you calling me a brick wall?

Look I am sorry if you guys are annoyed. But I am just stressed out.

I have to get in this year, and I can't afford any mishaps. Surely you'll all understand?

18. medickdb

medickdb 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Honestly, if this stresses you out that much, just wait. It doesn't get any less stressful.

candbgirl and keels99 like this.

About the ads