University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comet81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent all mt application materials to University of Appalachia last week. I just like to know what GPA,PCAT score they accept. I realized that this school want the student who like to work for rural area. Do they care more about this fact or do they care more about academic record such as GPA,PCAt like any other school?

Members don't see this ad.

Arrrghhh their supplemental is soooooo long, i'm still working on it =(

I think you can find most of the answers to your questions here http://uacp.org/admissions.html The minimum GPA taken is a 2.5/4.0. I am not really sure what the score requirement is on the PCAT or if it is even listed on the website. If you call they would probably be more than happy to answer that for you. I didn't really do that great on the PCAT and I am here, so... I would think that they are like any other school and weigh their decision mostly on your academic background, however I think being from the area is definitely a plus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found outI got an interview for them on december 2nd.... but whats really weird is that i haven't even turned in my supplement application. Is anybody here in the same sitution as me because i don't know what to do. I plan to call them tommorow.

I did not turn in my supplemental either. Another girl also received the email invitation and she did not turn hers in as well. This is wierd!

I'm in the same situation...received a December 2nd interview request, but I didn't even turn in my supplemental application or fees yet. I didn't turn in LORs from a science professor or a pharmacist either :( I mentioned this eariler in another post, and I wasn't sure what to do.

Well at least we will all get to meet and say hi in person together! If they revoke our interview then we at least have that in common as well! Weird...Let me know if you find out anything ok?

thanks

I just received an interview invitation email. I am so excited.

Yea I just got an email from them today for an interview on the 12/02...I have everything sent but still waiting on for the pharmacist's letter. I think they are assuming that everyone who got invited will send in the rest of the application before the interview...Besides they are still waiting for my pcat scores!!!

I see that the school is in Oakwood...is that the same one as the town across the state border Man, Welch, and Iaegar, West Virginia? If so, I'm shocked that they built one there. It's so....in the middle of nowhere...not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm from the middle of nowhere...

Does anyone from Maryland State? I realized that it takes about 7 hours from where I live. If there are any ,I think we can all share driving to save our time.

Do you guys know when did UACP got its Pre-candidate status? When did they start the pharmacy program? cause based on my knowledge, their school is pretty new, do you guys have any idea about that school? I don't even know which airport should I take if I go there for the interview:confused:
Any thoughts about the school will be appreciated.

Yea I just got an email from them today for an interview on the 12/02...I have everything sent but still waiting on for the pharmacist's letter. I think they are assuming that everyone who got invited will send in the rest of the application before the interview...Besides they are still waiting for my pcat scores!!!

For the LORs, I already submitted 3 LORs through Pharmcas, none of which are from a pharmacist...are they still expecting one?? I think I will email/call them about it...

just curious for those who have been invited to an interview, what are your stats? Just wanted to get a general idea...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody, I got an interview on dec 2nd as well without sending in my supplemental nor getting my PCAT scores back. That is very wierd, does any one know about this school, and, your thoughts on the chances of this school getting accredited? Thanks!

Hello all, I just received an e-mail invitation for Dec. 2. The odd thing about this is I have not sent in my supplemental, pcat score, recommendations, nor my final transcripts, and yet, I got an invitation for an interview? Is it me or does this seem kind of fishy? Well anyways, I wish everyone a safe and happy holidays!

I am not really sure what the score requirement is on the PCAT or if it is even listed on the website. If you call they would probably be more than happy to answer that for you.

It says on their website that the minimum PCAT percentile is 50th, and they also only look at your composite score. You can take the test as many times as you like as well.

For the LORs, I already submitted 3 LORs through Pharmcas, none of which are from a pharmacist...are they still expecting one?? I think I will email/call them about it...

just curious for those who have been invited to an interview, what are your stats? Just wanted to get a general idea...

I am in same situation. I sent all my supplemental and pharmCas. but all of recommendation letters were from my college professors. Since I quit the job with not a good reason, it is hard for me to ask the letter.

I just found outI got an interview for them on december 2nd.... but whats really weird is that i haven't even turned in my supplement application. Is anybody here in the same sitution as me because i don't know what to do. I plan to call them tommorow.

I just like to tell you that two of my friends who has not turned in their supp. applitation are not even invited including me. I think the school likes your other status such as GPA, Pcat so they don't want to miss a good student like you. Good luck

I'll be seeing all of you there - so excited! Seems like they invited so many people though hmm... but anyways, time to start preparing questions! :) YAY

hey i'm in the same boat. was planning on doing the supplemental at the last minute when i have a chance since it so damn LONG. it's like 15 pages of STUFF. I'm in cali so should i email them and see if they made a mistake? cause a year ago, ucsd sent out acceptance letter to some of my friend and they didn't even get an interview. keep me posted.

anyone here who got an invite lives in northern california? what are your plans? after i got the email, i check southwest for tickets only to learn that southwest doesn't fly to cities nearby that school (6 hours drives either direction). so if i do fly there for an interview, i would have to rent a car and drive to the school which i don't know how long the drive would take. anyone thinking of driving from cali to that school? we can arrange something, we can all carpool? or is a 2 day drive out of the question for you. damn maybe this is why they sent out interview invitation before reviewing supplemental since they'll be able to weed out people who don't have the means to get there.

I just like to tell you that two of my friends who has not turned in their supp. applitation are not even invited including me. I think the school likes your other status such as GPA, Pcat so they don't want to miss a good student like you. Good luck

so do we need to turn in the supplement?

I'm not sure but i'm gonna turn in the supp anyways, who knows if they'll review it before dec 2nd though -ugh, its just so long!

Does anyone know how to get to the school from the airport? Why is it so far! Anyone know of a car rental place?

Hi,

I was just wondering Appaclachia's stats with accreditation? I saw on their website that they applied for accreditation and are still on preaccredation status and also recieved "cautionary status"....what does that mean????...I never heard of that..

The airport that is closest to campus is in blountville, tn. I think its like 2 hours away or something crazy. I still have no clue how to get from the airport to school but I think i'm gonna call them monday and see whats going on.

I really suggest that the School provide a shuttle bus to pick up all the interviewees from the airport and send them back when finish. U guys agree?:rolleyes:
well, what about the hotel???

That shuttle would be really nice! save me my 12hr drive ugh! But hotel - they're suggesting Hotel if needed: Grundy Comfort Inn 276-935-5050

hey i'm in the same boat. was planning on doing the supplemental at the last minute when i have a chance since it so damn LONG. it's like 15 pages of STUFF. I'm in cali so should i email them and see if they made a mistake? cause a year ago, ucsd sent out acceptance letter to some of my friend and they didn't even get an interview. keep me posted.

So, did your friends still get accepted without interview process? What were their stats?

When will everybody be flying ? I plan on flying into Tri-cities Tennesee it's about 50 miles west of Grundy. Anybody interviewing December 2nd want to car pool or room together? I plan on flying in Friday Decemeber 1st. The plane ticket is outrageous!! I will definately be broke after this interview.

So, did your friends still get accepted without interview process? What were their stats?

haha, you're funny. they didnt' get in. i think there were something wrong with their email system. it sent people who dind't get in acceptance letter and people who got in rejection let. so i thought this might be one of those MISTAKE. but we'll know come monday since their phoneline will be flooded with our calls.

Anyone got interview on 12/2 from houston? where is the nearest airport from the school??

Whoa?? Houston came out of No where! On December 2nd, I think we are all pretty much set to be at the University of Appalachia in Virginia not Houston. You might want to check in the interview thread about Houston. Or am I just reading it wrong. Are you asking if anybody else in Houston received an interview invitation to Univ of Appalachia?

I think he meant the later. Tri counties is the closest airport to the school. I think we all should get there friday, wait for some and then rent a car and drive to the school. cause i would like to share the cost.

I like the game plan. I'm all for saving cost, especially since my plane ticket will be $550. I don't plan on booking until later this week because I am waiting to see if I receive an acceptance package from my #1 choice school this week. They were mailed out last friday and I am anxiously waiting! :)

When will everybody be flying in?

Nick where are you flying from?

I'll be flying in from philly, prolly gonna get there around friday. I wouldn't mind carpooling and sharing a hotel...but the thing is everyone needs to have their return flight on sunday. I haven't booked my flight yet or nething I still gotta call them and find out some stuff.

Same here, I am flying out on Sunday as well!

My file is also incomplete and I received and Interview request. G.P.A 3.85 PCAT 87

i'm from california. i'm flying in on dec 1 to tri and leaving sun. if we can work something out, it'll save us some money. landing is around 7ish. did anyone email the school yet? ask them why they invite before supplemental? i don't want to get overly exicited when i haven't even receive my pcat scores.

Yea I'm down with carpooling from the airport to the campus...I just called them today and they said that the interview will take place at the garden campus. I still haven't booked my flight yet so lemme know who is down with the carpooling...it'll be nice if the people who are down with carpooling to let us know when you guys are landing and what time you are leaving on sunday...this way no one will have to wait that long for the flight on sunday at the airport...this should be interesting

Is anyone worried about the accreditation status of the school? "Cautionary" status... what is that!

Is anyone worried about the accreditation status of the school? "Cautionary" status... what is that!

What they told me is that because there was a change in the dean that they had to put it on cautionary status but they still have their precandidate accrediation status and they are up for a review this coming may or something like that...

On another note, I actually decided to book my flight...will be landing around 7ish and on sunday my flight leaves at around 3...If anyone wants to carpool back and forth to school and get a place to stay pm me and we could work something out...look forward to hearing from you guys...

Hey everyone!

I'm planning on booking soon from CA, landing in the TRI airport. On Friday, I could either land there at 5pm-ish, or 7pm-ish. What time are you all landing so we could wait for each other and carpool..this is pretty exciting! What time are you guys all leaving on Sunday?

btw, did anyone get a chance to talk to them about incomplete applications (since the supplemental, PCAT, app fee, etc were not received)? I emailed them but have not heard from them yet...

Anyone know what time the interview is?

How long to drive from Tri-city to the campus, we probably gonna drive to Hotel first, and then go to campus the next day, right? I will book my plane, probably connect at Cincinnati or charlotte or Atlanta. Let's go carpool. By the way, which hotel u guys gonna stay, we have to book the hotel too.

Did anybody ever call to confirm if this interview is legit? I guess I will have to do so tomorrow since no one commented.