University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.0 with a 98 percentile on the PCAT. So not great, but decent!

Members don't see this ad.

98 on pcat n u were put on alternate...wut happened at the interview...:eek:

The interview went great as far as I know, but my gpa is LOW. I am also out of state. Oh well!

Members don't see this ad :)
if i may ask...wut state are u from?...i know especially in md...3.0 n 98 will definitely get u in to md...which is top 8 in the country....couple of my friends have similar stats and they were busy choosing n not waiting..
:idea:

The interview went great as far as I know, but my gpa is LOW. I am also out of state. Oh well!

It's a private school. They don't care what state you're from since the majority of their students are from out of state. Hopefully you will hear from them soon.

I'm from Washington State. Thanks for the encouragement!

on their website, they said they take special consideration to those who are from the appalachian area, west va, kentucky and so forth.

Does anyone know when they are scheduled for ACPE to come in to see whether UACP gets candidate accredidation or not? Thanks

It's on their website. Next week.

this thread is dying.. hows everyone doing on the waiting? or is anyone still waiting?

did anyone reply to uacp and say they dont want to be considered in the running anymore?

Still on the alternate list...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they'll be meeting for the rest of this month because of the ACPE. Be patience!

Received my acceptance letter Friday. I'll be telling them "thanks but no thanks" tomorrow. I'm going to Washington State! Anyone else still waiting? I almost forgot I was on the alternate list...

Received my acceptance letter Friday. I'll be telling them "thanks but no thanks" tomorrow. I'm going to Washington State! Anyone else still waiting? I almost forgot I was on the alternate list...

hey Jd you do any volunteer work or anything?

hows everybody doing on the waiting? anyone know anything new?

Just a notice to those who are on alternate list, don't get too sad. I will have to call in later to drop my acceptance due to being accepted to another school that I prefer over. I don't know why I'm hanging on to two schools... There goes 1k deposit. Oh well, that's life. Goodluck to you guys that will attend UAPC. :)

I'm on the wait list...hope to hear good news soon...

Update for all those waiting patiently. I too have declined my acceptace to UACP. I did this today. Move yourself one more up on the waitlist

To everybody in the house..just want to let you know that I got in from the waitlist.A big thank you to you guys that rescinded your admission.I can enjoy summer now!!..see you all in fall.

Hey everyone! Anyone who needs to know about the area or anything like that-just ask me and I'll see if I can't help you out. I'm about 40 minutes away from the school and I'm up around that area every now and then. I'm planning on attending the school after pre-pharm.

Helps to have a someone who knows the area!:thumbup:

Hey everyone...If anyone is still waiting on the alternate list I have good news for you. I have been accepted into another pharmacy school that I really wanted to go to, so I will be telling them tomorrow that I will not be attending UACP. Good luck everyone!!! :)

what are your stats.. if you dont mind me asking. thanks!

:love:It's official, UACP has been granted candidate status!!! Score one for the optimists!

I have al the books for P1 year at UACP so if anyone wants to buy them, let me know.

I am working on the secondaries for Appalachia and when I got to the personal statements, all the questions they have happened to be answered in my original personal statement for PharmCAS, do I basically cut and paste?

When will everybody be flying ? I plan on flying into Tri-cities Tennesee it's about 50 miles west of Grundy. Anybody interviewing December 2nd want to car pool or room together? I plan on flying in Friday Decemeber 1st. The plane ticket is outrageous!! I will definately be broke after this interview.

I never fly. I always drive. Saves $$$. I drive from Florida to Texas.

I went to an interview at UACP in November. Met a lot of cool people, I really thought I would get accepted, but I was put on the hold list. I was just reading this thread and it seems there is a hold list in addition to an alternate list? Thought hold was alternate...but I'm guessing not so much? I have an interview Friday with UCWV (charleston, wv). I live in FL so it's getting expensive, especially with another interview invite to U of Hilo, Hawaii in February. Not sure if I'm going there, a pharmacist I worked with Saturday used to work for the Pharmacist Association and warned me about their accredidation.

To the current students of UACP,

Have they updated you guys on the status of their regional accreditation? Have they said anything about being able to qualify for Title IV Federal loans for the upcoming year?

I'm a P2 and while they are working on it, their application is due in February. After that, they have a school visit within a year from that. after that its about 6 months until their next counsel meeting. Then if we are accredited, we will get federal loans. So...it's going to be while.
I'll let you know anything when I do.
Kynsi

anyone else hear from uacp of their acceptance/hold/alternate/denial?

i received a letter last night. i was so disappointed... didn't want to open it. i assumed it was a rejection letter. however, my best friend insisted that i should open, read n get over it.

i was shock! it was an acceptance letter. i had my interview on the 12 of Jan, the letter was written on the 15th, mailed on the 19th, and i received it yesterday! Yahoo... it's not my first choice, but at least i don't have to wait and worry anymore. Gosh, it's a such a relieve!

i received a letter last night. i was so disappointed... didn't want to open it. i assumed it was a rejection letter. however, my best friend insisted that i should open, read n get over it.

i was shock! it was an acceptance letter. i had my interview on the 12 of Jan, the letter was written on the 15th, mailed on the 19th, and i received it yesterday! Yahoo... it's not my first choice, but at least i don't have to wait and worry anymore. Gosh, it's a such a relieve!

I interviewed jan 12th, too and got accepted. congratulation!!!

congrats to the both of you...I interviewed on 11-10 and got put on the hold list. My interview went extremely well, but my pcat is horrible. So I figured I would be an alternate....sigh.

congratulations!!!!!!!:):):):):):thumbup:
what stats do u guys have????

I got my acceptance letter today!! I'm thrilled to finally get accepted and relieve the stress of worrying about getting in.

Congratulation to all of those whom got in!!!!

they placed me on the HOld List ... I hope to hear good news like all of you

Hey guys,

I got an invitation for interview on 2/16. Anyone else got an interview that date? I thought the whole rental car thing is kinda messy. It would be great if I can share the trip with someone ;)

I got my acceptance letter last week!!!

Hey guys,

I got an invitation for interview on 2/16. Anyone else got an interview that date? I thought the whole rental car thing is kinda messy. It would be great if I can share the trip with someone ;)

Hi! I am going to the 2/16 interview as well, the only problem is the car rental situation...do you know if you have to be over 25 to rent a car from TRI airport to UACP? (i'm 21 and F). anyway, I would love to drive with you and maybe even share a hotel room :)

The whole rental car business is pretty inconvenient, but not as inconvenient as the 2.5 hrs it takes to get there. =( For all the rental car places at TRI, you have to be 25 and over OR pay an additional 25 dollars/day/person to rent. This was the situation with me. It got pretty expensive..nearly 200 for 2 days and there is no way you can make it a 1 day trip (NOTE: I also paid to get full coverage on the insurance because I didn't know what to expect). Hope that helps out for those of you going to the 2/16 interview. Good luck!

Hi! I am going to the 2/16 interview as well, the only problem is the car rental situation...do you know if you have to be over 25 to rent a car from TRI airport to UACP? (i'm 21 and F). anyway, I would love to drive with you and maybe even share a hotel room :)

the drive isn't that bad if you follow the direction from the school. DO NOT use mapquest or google direction, you will get lost :)

From Tri:

1. Take I-81 North to Abingdon, Virginia.
  2. Take EXIT 14 and follow signs toward US-19 N / ABINGDON.
  3. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-19 / W MAIN ST / US-11 / LEE HWY, and continue to follow W MAIN ST / US-11 / LEE HWY.
  4. Turn LEFT onto US-19 N / BLUEFIELD HWY / PORTERFIELD HWY SW, then continue to follow US-19 N for approximately 45 miles to Claypool Hill/Cedar Bluff, Virginia.
  5. Turn left onto US-460 W and travel approximately 23 miles to Oakwood, Virginia.
  6. At the stoplight in Oakwood, turn left on to GARDEN CREEK ROAD /Rt 624.
  7. Travel approx 500 yards, and just after you pass under a railroad trestle, turn left and cross a small bridge onto the main campus.
I was there several weeks ago, it took me more than 3 hours to get to the school (used google map), but only 90mins to get back to TRI!

Good luck to you! Call the Hotel for better deal, don't book it online!