University of Arizona Community Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orth2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Can any one who applied to UofA previously describe what to expect from the community interview. I know its a day spent with a practicing physician. But what exactly happens? Do they ask you interview style questions or you just observe them in practice. WHat are you supposed to wear. Casual or formal?

Thanks for your inputs

Members don't see this ad.

Orth2006 said:
Hey Guys
Can any one who applied to UofA previously describe what to expect from the community interview. I know its a day spent with a practicing physician. But what exactly happens? Do they ask you interview style questions or you just observe them in practice. WHat are you supposed to wear. Casual or formal?

Thanks for your inputs

Definitely don't go casual, although it will probably be a casual interview. I would treat it like any other medical school interview. Dress nice and prepare to answer questions about yourself. You will spend 40 minutes to an hour just for an interview and then the physician may talk to you a little longer. They are usually very nice and just want to get to know you. That was my experience. Good luck