University of Arizona Pharmacy C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe they sent out the Phoenix campus acceptances first.
Did you guys prefer phoenix or choose only phoenix on your app? And congrats!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Originally I did prefer but recently I changed it to Phoenix only.

I just got my acceptance to the Tucson campus!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i just got into Tucson campus as well!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting - super nervous. Sitting on the couch refreshing my browser every 5 minutes while watching Judge Judy... lol

I'm reading the requirements after acceptance to the admission, under the immunization requirements, seems like we need to get "Hep B surface antibody quantitative titer" no matter if Hep B were in place or not, am I reading it right?

Was accepted to Tucson but declined to get onto the Phoenix wait list. Heartbroken for not having put Phoenix only.

So is there a facebook page for class of 2020?

Accepted to Tucson! YES What is the FB Page? Also, yes you have to get the HEP B Titer. That test is highly unreliable, so if it comes back negitive you have to get the entire series again. You have to have the 2nd set before July 1, so I suggest getting on it! That's the only one I am missing also. Thank goodness the Army pumped us full of vaccines every 6 months.

I'm emailing Marty about this, but I remember them saying that after admitted we can get by with a C in ochem does anyone else remember that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm emailing Marty about this, but I remember them saying that after admitted we can get by with a C in ochem does anyone else remember that?

In the interview packet it states a grade of B or higher in Anatomy and Ochem is required. Marty did tell us that if you did get an acceptance that don't shoot for C's, since it can change your status. Better safe to ask her directly, to get a for sure answer.

Successfully now in the Phoenix campus!!! I found out on an airplane and cried and cheered like an idiot drawing all sorts of attention to myself!!

Was accepted to Tucson but declined to get onto the Phoenix wait list. Heartbroken for not having put Phoenix only.

Let me know what she says! Ha I'm taking A&P 2 and that's one of the courses you had to get a "B" in. I just feel more relieved if I can get a C in there just in case.

Does anyone remember how much in-state tuition is a year?

Does anyone remember how much in-state tuition is a year?
We don't have the option of seeing tuition for this year, but if you use fall 2015 (last year) it was $12,380.94 for a semester so I'm guessing around the same for this year. Probably a couple hundred more.

Hey everyone!! Congratulations on getting accepted!! I am class rep for class of 2017. If you have any questions feel free to let me know and I'll try to help as best as I can.

The 12k/semester sounds about right. You should make sure your fafsa says graduate school now. If not you might have to do a corrected fafsa. Check with Barb, Marty, or Anna. I know that was an issue for some people.

Also in past year's getting a C in ochem would either drop or defer your acceptance. I'm not sure which but it is not something to take lightly.

Hey everyone!! Congratulations on getting accepted!! I am class rep for class of 2017. If you have any questions feel free to let me know and I'll try to help as best as I can.

The 12k/semester sounds about right. You should make sure your fafsa says graduate school now. If not you might have to do a corrected fafsa. Check with Barb, Marty, or Anna. I know that was an issue for some people.

Also in past year's getting a C in ochem would either drop or defer your acceptance. I'm not sure which but it is not something to take lightly.

Do you know what the likelihood is of getting in as an alternate?

Do you know what the likelihood is of getting in as an alternate?

It really depends each year. Alternatives are bumped to accepted for a bunch of different reasons: If someone declines their acceptances, if someone fails to pass the required classes, or fails to submit transcripts by the deadline, or other situations. I can't really give a number but don't lose hope!

Anyone knows when will be the deadline for the Domicile Affidavit? How do we submit it?

Anyone knows when will be the deadline for the Domicile Affidavit? How do we submit it?

The admissions office said we cant turn it in until we have a student ID number issued. So until you pay the $400 fee, and are admitted into the graduate college you wont have a student ID. :)

The admissions office said we cant turn it in until we have a student ID number issued. So until you pay the $400 fee, and are admitted into the graduate college you wont have a student ID. :)
Thank you, FutureDrTWW.

So I love sharing info, which you will all get to know! :) I am excited to meet everyone.

I've consolidated the to-do list items for quick glancing. I have it printed out and hanging on my wall! See below:

1. $400 orientation fee with the Essential Qualifications affidavit sent to Marty
  2. Immunizations
    • Proof of two MMR vaccines OR Rubella and Rubeola titers
    • HEP B Immunity (series of 3) AND quantitative HEP B immunity titer
    • Proof of two Varicella vaccines OR Varicella Zoster titer
    • Proof of TDAP immunization in the last 10 years
    • TB Skin test within 3 months of the start of classes (not orientation) - Aug 22
    • Flu shot does NOT have to be done until after classes start - they will discuss this in orientation
  3. Domicile affidavit sent to the residency office once a student ID has been issued
  4. If you are on GI bill (like me) - Regina Dowell is the lead for veteran benefits and can be reached at 520-621-5017. Be weary of sending your 1995 through the VONAPP if you are in spring classes. Troy Rundle (VA Ombudsman at ASU) told me that it can screw with your current semester and cause you to be un-certified. I suggest sending it in May.
  5. Send Spring Transcripts once they are processed and enter grades on the application portal for UofA
  6. IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR FAFSA, THE DEADLINE SAYS 3/1/2016 - MAKE SURE YOU GET IT DONE IF YOU HAVEN'T, AND LET MARTY KNOW.
  7. Fingerprint clearance card - the way I did this was go to Arizona Livescan and have them show you how to fill out the form, and get your prints done for $20. Then take your envelope and fingerprint card to the local post office, get your money order made out to DPS for $65, and mail it all at once at the post office. I asked for a tracking number even though it was a little more expensive because then I KNOW DPS received it.
  8. There is nothing you have to do to apply for the graduate college - once the COP receives your orientation fee - they send your info to the college and you are admitted and given a student ID and official letter in the mail. As far as UofA Admissions (not the COP) is concerned, we aren't admitted yet.
Hope this helps!

Thank you, Travis. It's very helpful.
Just one quick concern about
"$400 orientation fee with the Essential Qualifications affidavit sent to Marty"
Do we need to send the acceptance letter along with those two documents in one package? I don't see it on the Status page. But they have mentioned it in the What Comes Next - Timeline that "Return your acceptance letter, the Essential Qualifications form, and the orientation fee before deadline." I have called and emailed, but haven't received any feedback about the acceptance letter yet :(
Does anyone have any information?

Last edited:
Thank you, Travis. It's very helpful.
Just one quick concern about
"$400 orientation fee with the Essential Qualifications affidavit sent to Marty"
Do we need to send the acceptance letter along with those two documents in one package? I don't see it on the Status page. But they have mentioned it in the What Comes Next - Timeline that "Return your acceptance letter, the Essential Qualifications form, and the orientation fee before deadline." I have called and emailed, but haven't received any feedback about the acceptance letter yet :(
Does anyone have any information?

Your acceptance letter is just hitting accept on the portal. Once you've accepted your admission on the portal, you need to mail her the check and that essential qualification affidavit. I'm sure that if you want to send the two documents separate to her that would be fine. If you email Barb she's pretty responsive, she's gotten back to me several times already.

Last edited:
So I love sharing info, which you will all get to know! :) I am excited to meet everyone.

I've consolidated the to-do list items for quick glancing. I have it printed out and hanging on my wall! See below:

1. $400 orientation fee with the Essential Qualifications affidavit sent to Marty
  2. Immunizations
    • Proof of two MMR vaccines OR Rubella and Rubeola titers
    • HEP B Immunity (series of 3) AND quantitative HEP B immunity titer
    • Proof of two Varicella vaccines OR Varicella Zoster titer
    • Proof of TDAP immunization in the last 10 years
    • TB Skin test within 3 months of the start of classes (not orientation) - Aug 22
    • Flu shot does NOT have to be done until after classes start - they will discuss this in orientation
  3. Domicile affidavit sent to the residency office once a student ID has been issued
  4. If you are on GI bill (like me) - Regina Dowell is the lead for veteran benefits and can be reached at 520-621-5017. Be weary of sending your 1995 through the VONAPP if you are in spring classes. Troy Rundle (VA Ombudsman at ASU) told me that it can screw with your current semester and cause you to be un-certified. I suggest sending it in May.
  5. Send Spring Transcripts once they are processed and enter grades on the application portal for UofA
  6. IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR FAFSA, THE DEADLINE SAYS 3/1/2016 - MAKE SURE YOU GET IT DONE IF YOU HAVEN'T, AND LET MARTY KNOW.
  7. Fingerprint clearance card - the way I did this was go to Arizona Livescan and have them show you how to fill out the form, and get your prints done for $20. Then take your envelope and fingerprint card to the local post office, get your money order made out to DPS for $65, and mail it all at once at the post office. I asked for a tracking number even though it was a little more expensive because then I KNOW DPS received it.
  8. There is nothing you have to do to apply for the graduate college - once the COP receives your orientation fee - they send your info to the college and you are admitted and given a student ID and official letter in the mail. As far as UofA Admissions (not the COP) is concerned, we aren't admitted yet.
Hope this helps!
The Essential Qualifications affidavit is signed electronically upon hitting the "accept" button on the status page. When I opened it up, at the bottom of the affidavit it says "signed electronically on 3/1/2016" with my name under it. Does this need to be printed and physically handed in also? I don't see anything on the status page indicating that.

The Essential Qualifications affidavit is signed electronically upon hitting the "accept" button on the status page. When I opened it up, at the bottom of the affidavit it says "signed electronically on 3/1/2016" with my name under it. Does this need to be printed and physically handed in also? I don't see anything on the status page indicating that.

Mine wasn't signed electronically. Mine opened a PDF with a blank spot to sign it. So now I'm confused.

Mine is signed electronically. At first, it wasn't. You can try to open it one more time from the Status, not the file that you had.

Mine is signed electronically. At first, it wasn't. You can try to open it one more time from the Status, not the file that you had.

Still unsigned but it says that I accepted their offer lol. IDK whats going on, Barb did tell me this week that UofA is re-vamping all of their websites and some links and auto features are dead or dying. =\

Still unsigned but it says that I accepted their offer lol. IDK whats going on, Barb did tell me this week that UofA is re-vamping all of their websites and some links and auto features are dead or dying. =\
I emailed Marty about it. I will let you know what she says. I guess either way, it wouldn't hurt to print a copy just in case.

Does anyone know when the exact deadline is? My application page says by 5pm MST 03/15/16, but Marty told me the deadline is today. I was just wondering because I need the extra day to get the deposit money.

Does anyone know when the exact deadline is? My application page says by 5pm MST 03/15/16, but Marty told me the deadline is today. I was just wondering because I need the extra day to get the deposit money.
It was the 15th. I'm so sorry that I did not see it earlier. I hope you did not miss the deadline.

I'm going to the Phoenix campus too!

Hey everyone! Just found this thread and I will be joining you at the Tucson Campus!

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? This will be my second time interviewing at U of A. I also got offered an interview to Midwestern which I scheduled for Feb 22, but I just pray that admittance results are out by then, so I don't have to interview at MW. Let's be honest... is Midwestern ever anyone's top choice?

Did you end up going to U of A?