University of Arizona Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atnguy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a new thread for the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy class of 2021. Application deadlines were today, and the waiting game begins!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Starting a new thread for the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy class of 2020. Application deadlines were today, and the waiting game begins!

Im nervous since I found out this semester they require a B and higher in Organic Chemistry classes? I received a C in organic I, and a B+ in organic II. Spoke with an advisor and they told me that I can still apply and retake it spring semester. I'm praying I don't get denied/put on the alternate list as UA is my first choice.
Would you mind letting me know what your pcat scores were? Anything above 70 is competitive !!

Members don't see this ad :)
When/where did you find out? On my application page it says it is still under review!! :/

When/where did you find out? On my application page it says it is still under review!! :/
My application was under review for a while. I found out early this month, I had gotten an interview because I was religiously checking the application status page every few hours lol.

My application was under review for a while. I found out early this month, I had gotten an interview because I was religiously checking the application status page every few hours lol.

hmm I wonder do they complete a round of interviews and then take people off of "under review" if they still want to consider more applications .. especially if you have an interview tomorrow @Np16! That's so weird. ugh but GOOD LUCK!! :)

How did your interview go?! If you applied for phoenix campus do you interview in PHX or Tucson? Also, how much time in advance did they notify you before your interview date?

Hey guys! Current P1 at U of A COP. Congrats on the interviews! If you have any questions feel free to send me a message and I'll be glad to answer them as best as I can!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
@Arjw2 thank you! Don't stress out, from my understanding they still have a few more interview rounds. :)

@MissMPharmD the interview went well! All the interviews take place in Tucson. And I found out a few weeks before and I was given a few dates to choose from.

Hey guys! Current P1 at U of A COP. Congrats on the interviews! If you have any questions feel free to send me a message and I'll be glad to answer them as best as I can!

@Arjw2 thank you! Don't stress out, from my understanding they still have a few more interview rounds. :)

@MissMPharmD the interview went well! All the interviews take place in Tucson. And I found out a few weeks before and I was given a few dates to choose from.
Were the interview questions the usual why pharmacy kind of questions? Any ethical questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Attended my interview on Friday. A little concerned that they already have filled 70 spots and only have 70 spots left to fill with at least three groups of interviews to go :/ Does anyone know how they determine who gets the Phoenix vs Tucson campus..... does it go by strongest candidate getting their preference?

Thanks! If I get accepted I'm sure I will have some questions for you! :)

Were the interview questions the usual why pharmacy kind of questions? Any ethical questions?
There were the usual why pharmacy, why u of a questions but my interviewer asked a lot more than just that. I've had 2 other pharm school interviews and I felt like this one was by far the most intense. They still do a good job of trying to make you feel relaxed and comfortable and like you are just having a conversation but just make sure you practice lots of different types of interview questions. I did get asked a standard ethical question but it was pretty straight forward and easy to answer. A lot depends on the interviewer also. I'm pretty sure they get to come up with their own questions so they are all different.

Attended my interview on Friday. A little concerned that they already have filled 70 spots and only have 70 spots left to fill with at least three groups of interviews to go :/ Does anyone know how they determine who gets the Phoenix vs Tucson campus..... does it go by strongest candidate getting their preference?
I also had my interview on Friday! How did you feel like it went? I was pretty surprised to hear so many spots had already been filled. I'm not sure how they determine your campus other than by what you put as your preference. Are you wanting Phoenix or Tucson campus?

I also had my interview on Friday! How did you feel like it went? I was pretty surprised to hear so many spots had already been filled. I'm not sure how they determine your campus other than by what you put as your preference. Are you wanting Phoenix or Tucson campus?

How many other people were there for an interview that day? Did they say how long till you hear back about acceptance? Im debating when I should schedule my midwestern interview from the dates provided because I want to be given the chance to interview and hear back from UA before having only two weeks before putting down a deposit for midwestern.

There were the usual why pharmacy, why u of a questions but my interviewer asked a lot more than just that. I've had 2 other pharm school interviews and I felt like this one was by far the most intense. They still do a good job of trying to make you feel relaxed and comfortable and like you are just having a conversation but just make sure you practice lots of different types of interview questions. I did get asked a standard ethical question but it was pretty straight forward and easy to answer. A lot depends on the interviewer also. I'm pretty sure they get to come up with their own questions so they are all different.
Ah that says a lot since you should be more comfortable with experience with the other two interviews. Do you mean it being intense because of the interviewer or with the questions they asked? Was the interview open or closed file?

Hey guys! I've been offered an interview this Friday, Jan 20. Any tips or advice for me? I've been looking up various interview questions and trying to answer them, but I'm still nervous about the interview.

How many other people were there for an interview that day? Did they say how long till you hear back about acceptance? Im debating when I should schedule my midwestern interview from the dates provided because I want to be given the chance to interview and hear back from UA before having only two weeks before putting down a deposit for midwestern.
I think there was around 25 people there. Marty said they were going to try to let us know by feb 3rd.

Ah that says a lot since you should be more comfortable with experience with the other two interviews. Do you mean it being intense because of the interviewer or with the questions they asked? Was the interview open or closed file?
The interviewer was very nice. I think some of the questions just caught me off guard because they weren't really based off of my previous answers. My other interviews they asked the standard questions and then it went from there but this one was lots of standard job type interview questions. Honestly, don't stress about it. There were a bunch of different interviewers and I think they all ask different questions. I believe they have your application info but not academic info.

Hey guys! I've been offered an interview this Friday, Jan 20. Any tips or advice for me? I've been looking up various interview questions and trying to answer them, but I'm still nervous about the interview.
When were you notified about getting an interview?

Please post when you have been accepted and what campus......could hear any day now. Good Luck everyone!

I got accepted back in November for the phoenix campus :)

Reactions: 1 user
I got invited for interview! Does UA hold a three to one type of interview?

Hey guys the results are in! I just got accepted to the Tucson campus!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys the results are in! I just got accepted to the Tucson campus!! :)
Congrats!! I have been checking my status desperately because I had the interview last Friday and Marty said that decisions would be ready in a week but if you just got the notification today and you went to interview few weeks ago I think I must calm down and keep waiting :( hahahaha

I also got in to the Tucson campus...Yay!

Reactions: 2 users
Just found out I got accepted at Phoenix campus!!

@Ymar87 Thank you!! I know how you feel, the wait was killing me. Hang in there! I wish you all the best, and I'm sure you will get in too :)

Is anyone who was interviewed two weeks ago still waiting to hear back?

Interviewed on Jan 27, and got accepted Feb 3 to Tucson campus !! YAY

Anyone start a Facebook page yet? Also wondering what everyone has for stats...... school and work experience...field of interest? :)

@pharmdmaiden I have not seen a Facebook group yet, you should definitely start one :)

@asiangurl I am sorry you haven't heard back yet :( A few of my friends that interviewed on the 13th with me still have not heard back either!

Composite overall 26, but Chem was my best @36 which put me in contention for admission. My education includes charter school, community college and Food City pharmacy. I believe my previous education will give me a competitive advantage in developmental research. I'm calling Marty on Monday because I selected every race thinking it would give me an advantage, but I was wrong.
No offense or anything, but on the University of Arizonas website they actually state that you need a minimum of a 40 on the chemistry section.
http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/pharmd/whynotadmitted
Honestly I think you are very fortunate to get an interview let alone put on the alternate status! Given that much lower ranked universities including Midwestern actually require a minimum score of 70 for the composite. If your feeling up to it I would ask Marty in an email if it would increase your chances if you were to take the PCAT again assuming that you would get at least a 40 or better in the chemistry section, especially if you don't have a bachelors degree. But kudos for making it this far!

No offense or anything, but on the University of Arizonas website they actually state that you need a minimum of a 40 on the chemistry section.
http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/pharmd/whynotadmitted
Honestly I think you are very fortunate to get an interview let alone put on the alternate status! Given that much lower ranked universities including Midwestern actually require a minimum score of 70 for the composite. If your feeling up to it I would ask Marty in an email if it would increase your chances if you were to take the PCAT again assuming that you would get at least a 40 or better in the chemistry section, especially if you don't have a bachelors degree. But kudos for making it this far!

*those were based off of previous application pools. I'm not loosing hope!!! :troll:

Those who got accepted did you get into your preferred campus?