university of arizona surgery program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

entropy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know anything about the program?

Members don't see this ad.

UofA always seems to be in the process of "rebuilding." When one of my med school mentors was a resident there, they were "rebuilding." When I interviewed there a couple of years ago, the entire trauma staff had left, the chairman was being replaced and there was much talk about this opportunity for "rebuilding." The residents seemed happy and were operating a lot, but I wasn't keen on being part of the transition team. UofA handles a fair amount of trauma, has a substantial Spanish-speaking only population (I was specifically asked how good my Spanish was during 2 of my interviews), and competes vs. "co-operates" w/private hospitals in the area. Tucson is one of my least favorite cities. Most of the residents and staff live 20-30 minutes out of town. Outside of the city, there are mountains for hiking, mountain biking, etc, but the city itself was not particularly interesting or attractive. Just q couple of my impressions, based on limited exposure, so take it for what it's worth.

anybody else have any input on this program? thanks in advance.