University of Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kent100s78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here attend UA. I would like to know what you think about there program.How is the sheduale? Is there time to spend with your families? How is it living in Tuscon?How expensive is it to get an nice apartment in the Tuscon area?How are the proffesors?Just give me a genral out-look on how you feel about Tucson and UA program?

I spoke to the adissions coorinator and was told if I maintain a 3.2 and avg. a 9 on the MCATS I would have no problem getting in the program.All I have to do is move to AZ. the year I apply in order to become a resident in AZ. which I would do in a heart beat to become a wildcat :)

So any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

WOW! No UA students at all on this forum

As an AZ resident, U of A's reputation is less than stellar when it comes to Med School. I have a 3.55 SGPA and U of A is 8th on my list of schools. What is so exciting about being a wildcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
tegs15 said:
As an AZ resident, U of A's reputation is less than stellar when it comes to Med School. I have a 3.55 SGPA and U of A is 8th on my list of schools. What is so exciting about being a wildcat?

What the heck are you talking about.

I have spoken with many of the med faculty and the administration who said that clinically, they would put the U of A's curriculum up against most med school curriculum's nationally. I then contacted several other schools that I was interested in, scheduled appointments with some of their advisors to inquire about their schools. During several of these non U of A phone calls, I was asked why I even was considering their schools after my U of A acceptance. When I pushed them to explain their manner of questioning, they said that the U of A has an excellent reputation nationally for turning out physicians with a strong clinical intuitive sense and at a very inexpensive price nationally.

The fact the U of A is unranked (purported evidence that many U of A undergrad trolls use to bag the U of A med) has NOTHING TO DO with the quality or reputation of the education. The reason the school is unranked is because they do not take out of state residents (as mandated by the ABOR) and therefore do not submit thier info to the US NEWS. I will admit that there are several reasons to choose other medical schools over the U of A and that it is not a 'top 10' school but you have to look at their stated mission--to produce physicians to serve the ppl of Arizona. The fact that AZ has a large rate of exporting graduating physcians to other top ranked residency programs outside the state should be a testament to the quality of education and clinical support at U of A med.

Kent---I've been on vacation, but I promise I'll get to your email tonight.
scrappy

What sources are you using to evaluate U of A Med reputation?

Who determines if this is "steller" or not?

The only reason I'm not making U of A my first choice is because I'm really tired of living in Arizona. I'm really impressed with their school and wouldn't mind going there if I didn't get my first choice, University of Wisconsin. I like Tucson Med Center and the students are really friendly. It's funny...it's only Arizona residents who could be tired of living here, but they only accept us...

kiki the alto said:
The only reason I'm not making U of A my first choice is because I'm really tired of living in Arizona. I'm really impressed with their school and wouldn't mind going there if I didn't get my first choice, University of Wisconsin. I like Tucson Med Center and the students are really friendly. It's funny...it's only Arizona residents who could be tired of living here, but they only accept us...

I agree completely