University of Charleston 2009-2010 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fugm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from this school? I recently received an email and letter regarding their new supplemental website merge. It told me to double check my information and resubmit it along with recommendations and Pcat scores (which I don't know why they don't get it from Pharmcas). I went on the website, and most of my information was incorrect. Did anyone else experience this? kinda annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

haven't heard anything, but I just checked the online switch and most of my info transferred over correctly. I have to redo a couple of sections, but nothing major. The biggest pain is the letters of recommendation. They already use PharmCAS so why am I having these LOR's sent to the school too? Ughh! I thought I was done doing applications months ago. :mad:

I contacted them a while back to clarify what they want in the Secondary app. Yes, they want their applicants to ask their references to re-submit LORs electronically to them. They won't accept PharmCAS' LORs.

Quite frankly, I'm not really sure why and I think it's an inconvenience to my references and pharmacist manager to not only send another reference letter but to also fill out an entirely different reference form. I don't really understand the point of them using PharmCAS, if they refuse to accept PharmCAS' electronic letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though neither of my LoR's has resubmitted directly to Charleston (will hopefully be done this week), I just received an e-mail stating that I've been invited to interview January 30th. :D It sounds like they are doing a lot of interviews on this day, so has anyone else on here gotten the invite??

Got an invite as well. They're pretty damn quick .

Did everyone submit a $50 or $60 supplemental fee?

PharmCAS list a supplemental fee of $60

but

UC's website list it as $50

I'm gonna call tomorrow but just wanted to confirm with everyone who applied to UC.

thanks

I think I went off the supplemental application.

i went in for my interview last year where they told me I had to submit some LOR. it's weird but you gotta do what you gotta do I suppose. The supplemental application site was messed up and it all got deleted so we did it twice but I hope it doesn't happen to you guys too.

Has anyone gotten an invite for an interview for February 6th? :)

Anyone else in for Jan 30th?

Has anyone received any good news?? It has already been 4 weeks since my interview and still nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any good news?? It has already been 4 weeks since my interview and still nothing.
Wow dats long, i just had mine on the 28th so my wait has just begun :eek:

Wow dats long, i just had mine on the 28th so my wait has just begun :eek:

Was the 28th the last interview day? I think what they are doing is waiting until the end and gathering up everybody's files and distribute points to everyone... but yea it has been a very... very... long time. FEB was a long month for me which is ironic since its the shortest of all the others.

they sent me an email suggesting that my file was under final review and that I would have an answer (deny, waitlist, accept) by friday the 13th.

they sent me an email suggesting that my file was under final review and that I would have an answer (deny, waitlist, accept) by friday the 13th.

I still haven't heard anything yet. I don't even know if my files are under review by the committeee or not.~This is insanity.

I still haven't heard anything yet. I don't even know if my files are under review by the committeee or not.~This is insanity.

dont worry we'll get our turn. i believe fugm interviewed a week b4 us. so maybe its going to take 4-5 weeks for everybody? thats what it says on one of the slides that they printed out for us on interview day.

hey fugm.. u interviewed on jan 30th right?.. when did u get the email saying your file was under final review??

Dang. You're going to get your status on FRIDAY the 13th? Best wishes! :xf:

hey fugm.. u interviewed on jan 30th right?.. when did u get the email saying your file was under final review??

they told me via email last thursday, the fifth.

I interviewed on the 5th of Feb. and received a letter in the mail today letting me know that they've received my PCAT scores from January. ;)

so I'm on the REreview list for May, which is just like a waitlist I presume. sucks. also, right after, they emailed another applicants rereview by mistake..

so I'm on the REreview list for May, which is just like a waitlist I presume. sucks. also, right after, they emailed another applicants rereview by mistake..

I'm sorry to hear that they put you on the REreview list. I hope you the very best!~

I'm sorry to hear that they put you on the REreview list. I hope you the very best!~

thanks, I received another interview invite yesterday..and was hoping charleston would give me some good news. guess I'm going to force myself to go.

I got my acceptance letter early March. :)

Anyone going to be in my class on here?

They notified my by letter. They said they won't email/phone your acceptance or rejection.

I just got an e-mail from them. Apparently they placed me on the re-review list and will be reevaluated at future meetings=(

I got accepted on March 20th. I am from WV but am unfamiliar with Charleston. Has anyone got any ideas on where to live? I have a dog so I may have a hard time finding an apartment....

Are u looking to find a roommate? Have u looked on craigslist? A few wks ago I saw that they had small houses for rent... cheap rent... compared to cali anyway. Maybe those places will allow dogs. I'm sure they will help u with housing too so don't worry too much. But check craigslist just to get an idea of the place! Also, not sure if there is anything on the Charleston Gazette but check that out too. Gluck!

so i got an email saying i will be notified about their decision on the 16th :xf:

I am married so I won't need a roommate, but I will check out craig's list. Thanks for the advice!

facebook group titled, "University of Charleston, Pharmacy Class of 2013". 3 classmates in there already, join quick to get to know one another. That's what we did last year, and it helped a lot!

Got my acceptance letter last Friday, any one else get accepted? Also when is the first class graduating for Charleston? ... Where do most of you guys live in Charleston? Let me know alright thanks!

Got my acceptance letter last Friday, any one else get accepted? Also when is the first class graduating for Charleston? ... Where do most of you guys live in Charleston? Let me know alright thanks!
when did u interview and were u on the re-review list??

I interviewed on the last date I think March 28th. I got the letter 4 weeks later. What about you?

I received an interview invite for May 15th a few days ago, which I declined. :cool:

yes, I was on the re-review list for may. they emailed me yesterday. good luck to you :xf:

i interviewed the first week of feb.
when i send my deposit in next week, i'll ask them how many seats have been filled.
i also joined the face book group, anyone else join?

i interviewed the first week of feb.
when i send my deposit in next week, i'll ask them how many seats have been filled.
i also joined the face book group, anyone else join?
oh wow congrats!!!!! :thumbup: did they send you a mail to say they were about to re-review it or did u just get an email that u were accepted??

just the accepted email. i had planned to submit my grades, for re-review.
don't loose hope!

I received my acceptance letter, but I declined. Good luck to whoever else is on the rereview list.