University of Charleston, WV Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silverlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. I'll be flying to WV next Friday for an interview, and was just wondering if any of y'all here has already attended WV's interview and would like to share their experiences. What kind of questions do they ask, and is there anything in particular that I should prepare for (besides doing research on the school and knowing some basic information about the school)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. I'll be flying to WV next Friday for an interview, and was just wondering if any of y'all here has already attended WV's interview and would like to share their experiences. What kind of questions do they ask, and is there anything in particular that I should prepare for (besides doing research on the school and knowing some basic information about the school)? Thanks!
ask them for the roadkill special

I interviewed there before and its all situation-based ethical questions. 'What would you do if this or that happened?' If you have already taken an ethics course you will probably be more prepared since you will probably have already discussed topics that might come up in your interview and will probably have already formulated opinions about them that you can back up with reasoning.

The questions I was asked were true ethical situations that society doesn't necessarily have a right/wrong for and not just 'what would you do if you caught a classmate cheating'. They keep the questions under lock and key so you'll probably have a hard time getting them ahead of time off the interview feedback. Of course the why pharmacy/why this school question will come up.

The area is really pretty and if you're flying in to their airport you will come in on a little puddle-jumper. The airport only has one gate :D I think Pharmacy Today did an article on them a few months back when they got a big grant from CVS (I think). It had some good info about the school and their curriculum.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there last year. They invited me for an interview and asked me to get letters from referees. I told them my referees have submitted to PharmCAS. They said we need our own. I called the dean and asked them why they are part of PharmCAS if they can not get the referee letters from them. I got accepted in my number one choice, and the 2nd best school in USA, UNC....wooohooo.

I applied there last year. They invited me for an interview and asked me to get letters from referees. I told them my referees have submitted to PharmCAS. They said we need our own. I called the dean and asked them why they are part of PharmCAS if they can not get the referee letters from them. I got accepted in my number one choice, and the 2nd best school in USA, UNC....wooohooo.

What the **** does this have to do with the OP's question?