University of Charleston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yohana26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between VCU and University of Charleston in WV. If the people who go to these schools could give me some feedback on how they like the area and how hard/good the pre-pharmacy programs are, it would be great! I did look through the forum, but couldn't find much info. on Univ. of Charleston. Thank you!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I will tell you that I absolutely love UC. The pre professional tracks for pharmacy/med/dental/pa are wonderful. For UC's pharmacy school, they simply only require that you complete all the pre-requisite courses, and many students here do that in two years, and then apply. I started my freshman year in the pre-pharmacy professional track, but then just last year changed to a biology degree. I will be graduating in May with my BS in biology and will have done this in three years. The professors we have here in the science department are wonderful, they will help you any way they can to succeed. I highly recommend UC. I will also tell you that I just recently was accepted into a three year Pharm D program in Kentucky, and I know I am very well prepared because of our program here.

Good luck! I hope this helps!

Brittany...just wondering what 3 year program is in KY?