University of Chicago Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ejs064

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I've been away from checking up on SDN for quite awhile now, but...

Just checking if anyone here will be part of Pritzker's class of 2008. I should be in the class of 2007, but I needed a year to get my travel fix, so I'm here in Japan teaching English.

Good luck to all immersed in the interviewing season! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

So sad to see this go to page 2, so I'll welcome you to 2008. You will hopefully be joined by more outgoing SDN classmates...:rolleyes:

I am applying to U of C for next year. I was just wondering what did you like the most about the school. I have seen couple of U of C students. I was impressed by their politeness. They go to an Ivy league school, and yet they were so polite. It was like they were almost unaware of their intellectual abilities. I know people call these kind of students nerds. However, I still like their attitude more than Northwestern students. I know lot of Northwestern students, and they all seem to have a problem with attitude.

Can you guys tell me a little about the facilities and financial aid? Do medical students actually TA classes @ U of C? How do they manage time for this?

I am really worried about their financial aid and tuition.

Any information is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
IllinoisStudent said:
They go to an Ivy league school, and yet they were so polite. It was like they were almost unaware of their intellectual abilities.

Did I miss the memo where university of chicago entered the Ivy League??? Gotta check that mailbox more often.....

DrThom said:
Did I miss the memo where university of chicago entered the Ivy League??? Gotta check that mailbox more often.....

I don't like to use US news Rankings. But I will use it anyways.

Overall US News Ranking for U of C is 13, which is higher than Cornell, Brown, Rice, UC Berkeley, John Hopkins....

When I said Ivy league, I just meant a really good school. I was not refering to league of 8 schools that had come together for football. You can call it PC incorrect, but for practical purposes I would say that there is nothing wrong in calling a good school Ivy League school.

If you look at the following article, the author has excluded Brown (member of Ivy league), but has included MIT, Stanford and U of C as Ivy leagues. Today, Ivy league is a more generalized term.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38370