University of Cincinnati c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I might want to start this thread because the invites should be coming out soon for the December interview. I haven't heard anything from them since they confirmed that they have received my PharmCAS and supplemental apps. They said they will notify us for interviews via email.

Members don't see this ad.

i agree for the start of the thread lets all hope for the best....

Oh yea, I went onto their website under FAQ and it says they will contact us in late November. I guess it's not late November yet. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
haha lol i did the same thing yesterday this remembered this is mid-november.....

Oh yea, I went onto their website under FAQ and it says they will contact us in late November. I guess it's not late November yet. :rolleyes:

And all this while I was hinking it was gonna be mid to late december. Anyway I just completed my application and mailed it out about two days ago. Its back to praying and hoping

Hi all! Fellow UC applicant here...

I wanted to offer help to anyone that needs it in regard to Cincy area details - I currently go to UC so I know the area, cost effective choices for visits (flying into Dayton is much less expensive, is an easy straight drive to UC, and puts you about 35-40 minutes from campus), and will be glad to show anyone around campus,the area, etc.

Additionally, I can also help out with information on housing options and area feedback for those who relocate to attend!

Good luck -- and feel free to PM me!

:luck:

Thanks For the Info.....alot of people will prolly take advantage of that. My uncle lives in Mason so im ok with getting around its the campus i do not know lol

So i heard from cincinnati, but it wasnt the email i was eargerly awaiting to recieve. IT was to inform me of their thanksgiving holiday hours. How depressing :(

Good stuff. I am in the same boat as you. The only thing I was told that they need to review my application is my PCAT score (I took the PCAT in OCT, and PharmCAS is going to mail out my scores to the school sometime next week). I haven't yet received my PCAT score...
By the way, the lady on the phone told me that a lot of candidates are in the same boat...

Good stuff. I am in the same boat as you. The only thing I was told that they need to review my application is my PCAT score (I took the PCAT in OCT, and PharmCAS is going to mail out my scores to the school sometime next week). I haven't yet received my PCAT score...
By the way, the lady on the phone told me that a lot of candidates are in the same boat...

wow thats crazy...i suspect pharmcas will mail them out within the next two weeks......Im just hoping i raised my pcat score this time....good luck on your pcat

I know PharmCAS has received my PCAT score on Monday, so it will get mailed out this Monday. I really hope I improved on this test this time around too. I just received an email from them saying that they won't be able to answer any questions due to Thanksgiving holiday. They won't be in their office until December 1, which is the deadline for the apps. Nothing about the interview though. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will hear something before Thanksgiving! :luck:

I would also like to offer any help to anyone coming to Cincinnati from outside of the area. Flying into Louisville or Dayton will be cheapest, as CVG has the highest prices cause it is a delta hub. I go to school on campus and live and work in the area. Feel free to pm me, I usually check this site daily.

Hopefully we will be hearing something soon. I am going to deliver my supplemental application this week before they close for the holiday(I don't trust the mail, and I wanna see that email that says application complete!) so if I find out anything I will update!

Good luck everyone.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks illtreaturite1 and StandardProcess for your offer in helping us applicants! They are usually prompt when sending emails informing of our status (based on my personal experience that is). I'm hoping to get an invite from them this year. Well in case if they do :D, how far is from the Cincinnati airport to campus and what is the best mode of transportation? Just curious, does it snow over there in December?

I agree. UC is preety prompt about letting you know whats going on with your application. PharmCAS will be mailling my revised application with my PCAT this week. I still don't know what I scored on it, I guess I'll find out this week. Good luck

Thanks illtreaturite1 and StandardProcess for your offer in helping us applicants! They are usually prompt when sending emails informing of our status (based on my personal experience that is). I'm hoping to get an invite from them this year. Well in case if they do :D, how far is from the Cincinnati airport to campus and what is the best mode of transportation? Just curious, does it snow over there in December?

The Cincinnati airport is ~20 min but really depends on the time of day you come over. It's actually in KY and the bridges usually back up pretty badly, especially during work hours. Taxi is probably you're only option and my experiences with Cincinnati taxis are really hit and miss, I usually end up having to call several times because no matter the company, they end up not showing up.

Hey everyone, so i'm considering sending my application in, but i haven't seen the school/the area etc. To the people living up there, how is the school? Is it a good school and does it have a fun campus life. Are the students nice enough and the professors reasonable etc?

Hi all! Fellow UC applicant here...

I wanted to offer help to anyone that needs it in regard to Cincy area details - I currently go to UC so I know the area, cost effective choices for visits (flying into Dayton is much less expensive, is an easy straight drive to UC, and puts you about 35-40 minutes from campus), and will be glad to show anyone around campus,the area, etc.

Additionally, I can also help out with information on housing options and area feedback for those who relocate to attend!

Good luck -- and feel free to PM me!

:luck:

hey, how much is housing a month?

It will depend on the area, but the great thing is you have lots of options depending on how close you want to be to school (and if you are going to split a place) -- A good idea is to look at Craigslist for Cincinnati, where you can get a feel for the prices in the area.

Areas that are not far away and have a ton to offer are: Hyde Park, Clifton, (specifically the gaslight section) and Oakley.

As far as the school, the professors and the general social climate here -- All of the schools (Pharm, Med, Arts/Sci, etc) that make up UC offer a great support network. UC has many options and resources available for students to help them succeed, and every experience I have had with the COP has been positive -- you can tell that they take a geniune interest in providing answers to your questions.

There are also various student groups that are involved with volunteer and mentoring work, which gives you the opportunity to develop friendships while serving the community.

Last edited:
I got an e-mail today confirming that my application is complete (few, I think they have finally received my PCAT). So, just waiting for that all important invite...
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
PS: I think that most schools will start reviewing applications after Thanksgiving... That's what an Asst Dean of Admissions to a different school I applied to told me

The Cincinnati International Airport is in northern KY, and the Brent Spence is almost always has an issue during heavy traffic volumes. There are a lot of shuttle services available, so that may be a better option than taking a taxi.

Cincinnati has been extremely helpful throughout this process. I have received help on any questions I have asked. It has been a wonderful experience.

As far as campus life goes, I commute and take classes in the evening, but there are alot of options in the area. The football season has been really exciting, especially with the possibility of an automatic bid to the orange bowl. Basketball here is always a focal point (trust me, parking on campus last night was fun!)

I live in Oakley and it is a great neighborhood. I can walk to Oakley square in about 6 minutes. There are restaraunts, a yummy ice cream shop, and some local "establishments" around the square.

I think we'll start hearing after Thanksigiving. I know the email I got (literally 5 minutes after I turned in my application!) said they would notify me by email. As I told my husband, now the waiting game begins.

As far as snow in December, we had a good one around Christmas a few years ago, but its about a 50 50 shot to have a white Christmas here(usually a dusting, but a few years ago it was several inches) We tend to see more snow late January through early March.

Good Luck everyone! I look forward to meeting some of you!

Today is Cincinnati's as well as many other school's deadline. I guess the dreaded wait is officially on. Good luck everyone.

Treat

I received an interview invite from UC today...not sure when it will be though because they asked me to email them to schedule a time. Woo hoo!!!

Way to go! I checked my email today, and no such luck :( This wait is driving me absolutely batty. My husband doesn't understand the process, so every other day he's bugging me (today, did you check your email, did you check your email!...its the first thing I do when I get home!).

I just thought of something. Uc's grades will be available in the next week. They may be waiting for the academic update to see how I did in Organic before deciding one way or the other. It's been 8 years since I last took organic, and I know I either got an A or a B depending on the final and curve. (That grade isn't up either, just took final on Monday, figured tomorrow at the earliest).

Good luck at your interview! Until I hear something one way or another, no news is good news!

Treat

Last edited:
Congrats Kypharmkid! I haven't received any good news yet, although I've been stalking my email account many times every single day.

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to those who are still waiting. Hopefully you will get the long awaited email anytime now!!

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to those who are still waiting. Hopefully you will get the long awaited email anytime now!!

I know you don't have a set date/time yet, but did they email you the choices of dates?

but it wasn't an invite. It was letting me know that I needed to update my PharmCAS application when the Academic Update window opens on Monday the 15th. I think that's a good sign :xf:. Anybody else get any emails today?

I looked online at my Organic grade today. I got an A :highfive:! I'm pretty happy with that and I think it will help my cause immensely. Even if I don't get in this year, the Organic will go a long way in helping my cause next year. I'm continuing in January with Organic II and Spring Quarter with Organic III. I just keep reminding myself to keep moving up.

Good luck everyone. At least I have the weekend off from incessantly checking my email. Does anyone know how quickly Pharmcas updates your application?

but it wasn't an invite. It was letting me know that I needed to update my PharmCAS application when the Academic Update window opens on Monday the 15th. I think that's a good sign :xf:. Anybody else get any emails today?

I looked online at my Organic grade today. I got an A :highfive:! I'm pretty happy with that and I think it will help my cause immensely. Even if I don't get in this year, the Organic will go a long way in helping my cause next year. I'm continuing in January with Organic II and Spring Quarter with Organic III. I just keep reminding myself to keep moving up.

Good luck everyone. At least I have the weekend off from incessantly checking my email. Does anyone know how quickly Pharmcas updates your application?

I got that email too! I wasn't sure what it meant. I think maybe they are waiting to see fall grades before making a decision?

I got that email too! I wasn't sure what it meant. I think maybe they are waiting to see fall grades before making a decision?

Yea, I got the same email from them reminding me to update my courses on PharmCAS. I thought maybe my grades aren't great, so they want to see my grades this quarter before inviting me for an interview? I hope so, because I think I'm going to get straight-A's, so it should somewhat help me right (at least it can't hurt)?

How did they address you? They have used my first name in the past 2 emails, but the 2 prior they use Ms. last name... thought it was odd.

How did they address you? They have used my first name in the past 2 emails, but the 2 prior they use Ms. last name... thought it was odd.

All of them were addressed by my first name. Maybe it depends on their mood at the time of sending the email? Hmm...

Oh yea, I noticed that all of my emails were sent either from Emmy Gaerthofner or Emmy Stoecklein. I know it's not important, but I just want to point that out. ;)

I think they sent that email to everyone, not just people who needed fall grades? because although I am taking classes for reqs for other schools...all my UC ones are done and in.

i hate this waiting game.

All of them were addressed by my first name. Maybe it depends on their mood at the time of sending the email? Hmm...

Oh yea, I noticed that all of my emails were sent either from Emmy Gaerthofner or Emmy Stoecklein. I know it's not important, but I just want to point that out. ;)

I think that UC finally updated her last name in the email system. Her previous emails were signed Stoecklein, but the email addy had Gaerthofner. I should probably ask UC to update my email address, but why bother....its just a minor annoyance to use my maiden name, and it helps me keep it separate from my work email info (password requirements, etc).

No one else besides Kypharmkid has heard from them? I still haven't received any good news yet.

not me, I take Lieberman at night. I have a bs and have a full time job until I know what my future holds, just retaking due to the 7 yr limit....

I have not taken any chemistry since spring of 2000. I jumped into organic full force, and I survived with an A. Her tests are pretty darn hard, but I understand her lectures and the information sinks in (which is the main thing) Even though I have a minor in chem, its sad to realize how much I forgot. I remembered some of the main concepts, but now I am truly understanding them. I don't know too many of the students, I'm kind of a nontraditional since I will be 30 pretty soon. I usually sit on the front row near the right side of the class.

Off the ochem though....I did get by UC today and sent my transcript request off to pharmcas. Lets hope that A pays off to the adcoms! (I am only taking Ochem and Calc. I had several biology courses in 03-04 so that should suffice me, I hope) It'd be a bummer to survive organic this year to have to go back and take gen chem next year. Only good thing is my gpa will be that much higher! (ok, not really, I have so many credits that it dilutes the whole pool....my cumulative will go up to a 2.94 when they get the transcripts)

Now the waiting begins, again.....More omeprazole for me!

I just hope the PharmCAS academic update would somehow make them invite me! Too bad the grades aren't out yet, so I can't order transcripts.

This impatiently waiting to get home to check my email daily is driving me batty. After that I come here to get the scoop. Someone at work told me I needed a blackberry, but I think that;s just pointless at this stage, lol.

nope, but current student told me something about not really expecting any interviews till January (which I'm thinking with the holidays is a likely bet). I wish I could know something one way or the other.

Vale, I completely understand what you mean. I was worried myself, since I couldn't sign up for classes till the 13th and the 2 classes I signed up for had 5 spots in 1 and 2 in the other left by the time they let me register. I think I'm going to have to speak to an advisor sometime this semester, I'm a post-bac with over 140 hours so I should be one of the 1st ones to sign up for classes. This past semester I had to have Dr. Lieberman sign for me to add OChem because the class was full.

Only bad thing is OChem is on Monday and Thursday so it wipes out the possibility of me picking up one more class in the evening unless its a 1 day class (and they are full!) If I don't get in this year I'm going to go to evening shift at work so I can take daytime classes next year and work towards finishing up a 2nd bac.

:laugh:
I wonder how many times a day I can check onestop to see if there's an opening. lol.

As many as it Takes! Have you emailed the professor to see if they will sign to let you in? its a pia, but it works....then as soon as you do it you will check one stop and the class will be open:smuggrin:

I'm doing my just got home ritual of check the email, and sdn!

I've been emailing the prof a few times a day. There was just one spot open but I couldn't fit it in without dropping something else only offered this quarter. But as luck would have it, a spot opened up earlier. God wants me to be a pharmacist.