University of Cincinnati Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Delisio510

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just thought I would start a thread to start meeting those of you who will be at Cincinnati next year! I am from Cincinnati, but am at Undergrad at Marquette finishing up senior year and am SOO excited to meet all of you in the fall.

I am starting to look for apartments near campus as well, so hopefully this thread will help connect people with roommates/seniors that are done with leases. I am looking for a female roommate, ideally for a 2 bedroom very close to campus but not too expensive. I also am going home to Cincinnati over Easter break and will be there the entire summer to do some legwork on finding an apartment.

I know this is early, but hopefully it will get us some good deals on living arrangements!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Delisio510,
I am interested looking for a female roommate too. Where were you thinking of living? I was hoping to be with in walking distance of the med school so I wouldn't have to buy a parking pass. I am currently a senior at NKU and am so excited to be going to UCCOM next year!

No doubt all of you who are accepted at UCCOM have tons of resources to figure out many of the details you'd want to know about the school and Cincinnati, but I just thought I'd offer my help if you wanted to shortcut sifting through all of that.

My name is Eric and I'm a M1 currently. I've lived in Cincinnati for two years now and I'm more than happy to give you any advice you'd want or answer any questions you have.

E-mail is [email protected] .

Congrats to gaining an acceptance to medical school! Excited to see you all next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!
First off, congratulations to all those who have been accepted into UCCOM's c.o. 2016. I for one am extremely excited to start school at what I know to be a great institution. On a less "sound bite-ish" note, I am graduating from an undergraduate institution in Cincinnati and have lived here for the past 3 1/2 years. As such, I know a decent amount about the surrounding areas. Also, I am looking for someone/multiple someones to room with next year (I'm a guy) so if you are interested in this or learning more about Cinci, just send me a PM.

I get really excited that I'm not the only one that can't wait to start school in 5 more months! As far as living arrangements, I recommend http://www.uptownrents.com/. It has a button for now leasing 2012-2013 school year. I think that their apartments are really good and I trust the company. That's how I found my place, on Jefferson Ave. Let me know if anyone's planning on living there next year too. It was funny because the person that was living in the apt that I got to look at was a uccom student. I saw her white coat and id card. lol

Congrats on everyone admissions to UCCOM

I live in an uptown building for two years during undergrad and can vouch for uptown being responsive to maintenance requests and, in general, taking decent care of their properties.

If your interested in living a little bit further from campus, I can provide some decent areas to live. Or for that matter, if you have any questions in general about Cincinnati, UCCOM or which bars have the best selection of microbrew beers, feel free to ask in this thread or through a PM.

Hey guys! I'm most likely coming here in the fall and since there apparently isn't a second look this year, I figured I'd reach out here. I'm looking for one or two roommates, preferable female. I have a house available to me in the Oakley/Hyde Park area but I'm also looking in Clifton. PM me if you're interested :]

Hello everyone! Congratulations on your admission to UCCOM! My name's Ken and I graduated from there last year... rest assured, you'll get a great education and have a lot of fun in the process!

I'm writing to see if any of you would be interested in renting my house during your stay in Cincinnati. The address is 3061 Taylor Avenue, zip 45220. I loved living here during medical school - it's a 5 minute drive to the school/hospital, close to all interstates, in a safe/convenient neighborhood, and comes with lots of amenities! Perfect for four people (two upstairs bedrooms, two main floor bedrooms, finished basement, 2.5 bathrooms).

Please e-mail me ([email protected]) or call/text (513-706-7300) if you're interested and would like more information or a tour!

First of all, congrats too all of you. I am a graduating 4th year and I had a great 4 years at UC.

If any of you are looking for housing, I am selling my place (shameless flyer link: http://db.tt/u1s3Wpvl) which is a 10 minute walk (0.5 miles) to the med school. I can also let you know about other areas in Cincinnati.

If you have any questions I can try and answer them.

Hey Class of 2016,

I am an 4th year moving to join my boyfriend in Pittsburgh next year to start an IM residency. My parents own a Stetson Rowhouse and are looking to rent it next year. It is a large 908 sq ft 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath condo with attached indoor single-car garage with a parking pass for an additional guest parking spot. It includes a high efficiency washer and dryer and also has an enclosed gated courtyard. You would have full access to all Stetson amenities including the 24-hour gym, study room, movie room, and raging pool.

I loved living there for the past 4 years and it is a 5-minute walk door-to-door from the condo to the 1st/2nd year classrooms in the medical school or the hospital. You would also be living near alot of other medical students, residents, pharm students so its really fun. I felt really safe living in my condo as well since it is part of the Stetson community and it is so close to the hospital. Rent would be $1250 per month (not including utilities) which is MUCH more affordable than what you would be paying at the Stetson apartment building (esp since they charge a monthly fee for parking). My parents would also consider selling the property if there is interest.

Email me at: [email protected] if you're interested and I can send you more pics or schedule a tour.

Good luck next year!!

Hello everyone! Congratulations to all of you who have successfully made it to this phase of your medical career!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am putting my condo up for rent beginning in mid-June. It's a fairly new 2bedroom 2.5 bath condo in a very small and private community in East Walnut Hills, right outside of Eden Park. It's about a 2 mile (5 minute) drive to the parking garage and is extremely convenient to I-71/75/471 and a short drive to downtown, Hyde Park, and Newport. If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected] and I can send pictures and answer any questions.

Good luck in residency! :)