2018 University of Cincinnati SOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on January 22 heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

So anybody who has not been accepted by now are going to be on the wait list?
I had my interview today and they said only ~50 offers have been sent out and obviously not all have been accepted. So I wouldn't think so

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today and they said only ~50 offers have been sent out and obviously not all have been accepted. So I wouldn't think so
I think the last day for interview is Feb 8th. So three more interview sessions to go. I dont know how many people they will take from these three interview dates. They only take about 96 people. I guess I will have a better idea how likely I will be accepted by then.

Accepted, interviewed 01/18, and with more interviews coming up I am sure they are still making considerations. I wouldn't be so down yet, take a look at last years class on sdn and you will see acceptances into March~April.

I declinedy offer of admission t will free up a spot for others. Good luck to you all.

Thank you for offering hopes for the rest of us that haven't heard anything.

I interviewed today, the people were really friendly! I hope to hear something soon:)

I interviewed on 1/17 and received my acceptance e-mail yesterday. I also put up a Facebook page for anyone that has been admitted thus far. Just search University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy Class of 2018 and join the group. Congrats to everyone that has gotten in! If you haven't, stay positive. I know people that didn't get in until March last year.

Wh
I interviewed on 1/17 and received my acceptance e-mail yesterday. I also put up a Facebook page for anyone that has been admitted thus far. Just search University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy Class of 2018 and join the group. Congrats to everyone that has gotten in! If you haven't, stay positive. I know people that didn't get in until March last year.
What time was your interview? I was also interviewed on the 17th.

What time was your interview? I was also interviewed on the 17th.

My interview was at 9:45 AM on the 17th. Yours? Definitely do not lose hope. They still have plenty of spots to give out. I wouldn't start worrying until at least mid March (says the girl who has been freaking out for two weeks). I know it is easier said than done. There were people still getting accepted days before the wait list came out last year (which was also April 15th last year). Also, they accept more than 96 people. They know that some will not accept their offer. I think they accept around 120, so just because someone denies does not mean that the first person on the wait list will be accepted. They only took one person off the list last year.

My interview was at 9:45 AM on the 17th. Yours? Definitely do not lose hope. They still have plenty of spots to give out. I wouldn't start worrying until at least mid March (says the girl who has been freaking out for two weeks). I know it is easier said than done. There were people still getting accepted days before the wait list came out last year (which was also April 15th last year). Also, they accept more than 96 people. They know that some will not accept their offer. I think they accept around 120, so just because someone denies does not mean that the first person on the wait list will be accepted. They only took one person off the list last year.
Mine was at 2:15 pm. I do know people who were getting accepted in mid march last year. It is just really hard to not worried while waiting. Do they really take that many people? I saw they only take around 96 students on their website. It really confuses me because I was reading the forum from last year and someone with a 3.5 GPA and a PCAT score of 61 got in and but I did not hear anything from the ones with better stats. It was probably because that person has pharmacy experience. I dont have any experience besides job shadowing and I have a 64 on PCAT and 3.7 GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was at 2:15 pm. I do know people who were getting accepted in mid march last year. It is just really hard to not worried while waiting. Do they really take that many people? I saw they only take around 96 students on their website. It really confuses me because I was reading the forum from last year and someone with a 3.5 GPA and a PCAT score of 61 got in and but I did not hear anything from the ones with better stats. It was probably because that person has pharmacy experience. I dont have any experience besides job shadowing and I have a 64 on PCAT and 3.7 GPA.

No! I know. It is hard not to worry. They do take that many people. I only know because my friends who were accepted last year were told by admissions. They basically assume that 30 people will go elsewhere and deny their offer. The 96 includes the ones that accept their offer (or if they have more spots open after the denials, the wait list). Did you go to UC for undergrad? And have you only done two years or do you have a degree? I don't understand the admissions process at all really. I have a 3.4 GPA and a 79 PCAT. I will be graduating in April with my Bachelors in Chemistry. I have worked in a pharmacy for almost three and a half years and have a lot of extracurriculars. I think that it just depends on the situation and is a combination of the entire app if that makes sense?

I think they really appreciate people who have experience working in the pharmacy setting. Unfortunately, I was not able to. But it is OK. I can try next year if I don't get accepted this year and I will try to work in the pharmacy before applying again. But thank you for giving me so much information. It makes me feel better. If I get any good news, I will be sure to let you know.

I think they really appreciate people who have experience working in the pharmacy setting. Unfortunately, I was not able to. But it is OK. I can try next year if I don't get accepted this year and I will try to work in the pharmacy before applying again. But thank you for giving me so much information. It makes me feel better. If I get any good news, I will be sure to let you know.
I'm not sure if you are from the Cincinnati area, but my Walmart seems to end up hiring part time pharmacy workers every 6-8 months. Extremely flexible hours for students and hours generally stay the same unless they ask you. I work 10-20 a week. It's in hamilton, ohio 45013. I'll keep an ear out for you! I think I might not make it in this year either, so I'll hope for us both!!

Interviewed on 2/1, got my admission offer today morning! yayyyyyyy

I'm not sure if you are from the Cincinnati area, but my Walmart seems to end up hiring part time pharmacy workers every 6-8 months. Extremely flexible hours for students and hours generally stay the same unless they ask you. I work 10-20 a week. It's in hamilton, ohio 45013. I'll keep an ear out for you! I think I might not make it in this year either, so I'll hope for us both!!
45103 is batavia

I know. But I guess my circumstance is quite different. Besides being a full time student, I am also a mother. I was not able to work after school because I don't have anyone to watch my son. He is only three. So I tried my best to do well in school. I told my interviewers my other situations but it is up to them to decide if I am a good enough candidate. But either way, I will understand. I will try to work in a pharmacy after I get my bachelors degree. But thanks for the info.

I know. But I guess my circumstance is quite different. Besides being a full time student, I am also a mother. I was not able to work after school because I don't have anyone to watch my son. He is only three. So I tried my best to do well in school. I told my interviewers my other situations but it is up to them to decide if I am a good enough candidate. But either way, I will understand. I will try to work in a pharmacy after I get my bachelors degree. But thanks for the info.
I am in the same boat as you. Also a mother with a one year old and three year old. I think the interviewers appreciate how difficult it is to do well despite having two kids to care for. It is quite challenging balancing everything. Good luck to you!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking your GPA/PCAT score?

My gpa is around 3.2...not that good but i got 98% in PCAT. Have a lot of volunteer/EC and about one year of pharmacy experience. @mudanhua313 In my opinion, it is really hard to get into pharmacy school without experience nowadays unless you have like 4.0 gpa/80%+ pcat. I am actually bit surprised that I got an acceptance this morning because I am pretty sure I bombed one of the questions lol. @Ailiniel Interview was relaxing and the interviewers and people there try to ease you in. I interviewed with one faculty member and one alumni who works in nearby hospital. My experience was very good as I was able to interact a lot with current students and they gave me honest feedback about the school. Although surrounding area of the school was kinda worn down, they are building and renovating new buildings all around the school. Overall I was very impressed with the school and even with the out of state price tag it is relatively cheap. If you have any more questions just reply to this message!

The common thread for accepted students seems to be high PCAT score. I'm thinking now that that is probably weighted the highest.

The common thread for accepted students seems to be high PCAT score. I'm thinking now that that is probably weighted the highest.

I dont think high pcat score is most important, but last year PCAT average for admitted students was 73 so you probably should score around that range to be a strong applicant.

I have a PCAT score of 64 and I got an interview. I dont think it is the big factor. However, if your PCAT score and GPA are excellent, they will make you a really good candidate. But if you already get an interview, the PCAT score and your GPA are not really important at this point. They want to interview you so you can tell them more about the extra-curriculum activities and pharmacy experience you had. I saw someone got accepted with a 3.3 GPA and 61% PCAT score. Let's wait until they interview all the students this weekend. Don't give up hope. I am still waiting.

I will not be attending UC…. I was accepted to my number one choice, University of Kentucky. Good luck to all!

I got accepted after being waitlisted last year. I have 3.33 gpa with 70 pcat and 8 years experience in pharmacy but lack in volunteer work in recent years. I think its not one certain thing they look for and it took me two weeks to be accepted. Also it seems like there is several people turning their offers down. Excited to meet everyone and good luck!

I got accepted after being waitlisted last year. I have 3.33 gpa with 70 pcat and 8 years experience in pharmacy but lack in volunteer work in recent years. I think its not one certain thing they look for and it took me two weeks to be accepted. Also it seems like there is several people turning their offers down. Excited to meet everyone and good luck!
You have a pretty good score on PCAT and good GPA. Most importantly is your experience in pharmacy. If you got wait listed, then I dont see what reason there is for them to accept me.

Once you have been accepted and paid your deposit, do you get notified that UC received your payment? I just want to make sure everything got there in time.

How long did it take everyone to get their information in the mail once accepted? I was accepted on the 31st and still haven't gotten anything?? I got accepted to UK as well and am trying to make a decision.

How long did it take everyone to get their information in the mail once accepted? I was accepted on the 31st and still haven't gotten anything?? I got accepted to UK as well and am trying to make a decision.

Yea wondering the same thing. Got accepted last monday and no mail so far.......

I interviewed 2/1 and got my acceptance letter this morning. Are we supposed to reply accepting the spot or wait for the mail? Thanks, I am super excited!!!

Has there anymore people who were interviewed back in January gotten any acceptance? Anyone has any ideas how many people have been accepted so far?

There is one girl from my group (end of January) who was accepted (not sure of exact date of acceptance though). There are around 30 people that have joined the "Accepted" page on FB but not sure what total # is of accepted students. I am thinking we will hear something in mid March. Both of my current pharmacist friends who went to UC did not hear till March, one was wait listed at #2 before getting accepted, the other one got accepted without being wait listed, so all hope is not lost. It has been VERY hard waiting, but hold on a little longer...

Has anyone from January 25th been accepted or heard back from Cincinnati? I hope we don't have to wait until March to find out.

Has anyone from January 25th been accepted or heard back from Cincinnati? I hope we don't have to wait until March to find out.

From what I remember, I think you are going to get the decision from anytime between now to until April. One of the students that were at the student panel thing told us that he got accepted around April. So don't give your hopes up!

You have a pretty good score on PCAT and good GPA. Most importantly is your experience in pharmacy. If you got wait listed, then I dont see what reason there is for them to accept me.

Well they only accepted one person out of the waitlist last year, which I think is very rare change of happening again.

You mean rare as they only accepted one person from the wait list or rare that they even accept someone from wait list?

You mean rare as they only accepted one person from the wait list or rare that they even accept someone from wait list?

Rare that only one person will get accepted from the waitlist again.

Having such low tuition I don't see how someone would go somewhere else so I don't see UC getting to the waiting list very often

Having such low tuition I don't see how someone would go somewhere else so I don't see UC getting to the waiting list very often
Tuition is just one factor to consider when choosing which pharmacy school to attend. I personally know quite a few alumni and current students that were pulled off the waiting list. Last year was definitely an anomaly. Those on the waiting list please do not be discouraged the results will be different this year for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
They haven't taken many people off of the wait list the past few years. It just depends on the year. Last year, only one person was admitted. The previous year, 11 were admitted. I think the year before around 16 were admitted. Like I said before, they expect around 20 to decline so they offer admission to more people than they have seats. I don't know if this has been a recent change and that is why there have been few accepted from the wait list the past few years? It would make sense. But really, there is no prediction for it.

Hi everyone! I'm so glad that I found this thread. Congrats to those who have been accepted! I was interviewed on Jan25 and haven't heard back yet. I'm a reapplicant and so as far as I know I should have gotten some email by now. Anyone in the same boat? I sent updates a few days ago and nothing came back either. I'm worried sick about all this.

I interviewed on the 22nd of January but have not heard back yet. I was talking to a friend of mine who graduated from UC SOP and she got accepted (not wait listed) in MAY. Another friend was wait listed in March at #2 and got accepted. Another friend heard she was accepted as late as April. It all depends. Stay busy and expect to hear something mid-march. Otherwise this process will make you go crazy. Good luck

I know that there's nothing we can do now but have to wait. Have u updated anything yet? I doubt that it will do any good at this time. Did u have the interview at UC Pharm on Jan22? I did not know that they have interviews during the week.