2018 University of Cincinnati SOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm kinda scared to find out though. Sometimes it's better not knowing. I'm afraid that they might have accepted more people then we might not have much chance.
I mean we have nothing to lose by asking. I dont expect to be taken off the wiat list since I am like 18 on it. But on the email it said contact Corrine throughout the spring and summer semester to get updates. It is kinda late by then. I might already be taking other classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many students have accepted and how many spots are left? Was anyone brave enough to call and find out? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. You said you were wait listed last year but you did have a good pcat score, gpa and work experience. Can I ask why do you think you were wait listed last year and what did u do differently this year that got u accepted?
I retook my pcat. I applied with a 50 the first year and was wait listed #29. I got a 79 this time. Corrine said that my low pcat was my only downfall.

I retook my pcat. I applied with a 50 the first year and was wait listed #29. I got a 79 this time. Corrine said that my low pcat was my only downfall.
Did you have good GPA and pharmacy experience?

I contacted Corrine and asked her how many students have been accepted. She told me that they have made 110 offers and there are no additional spots at this time. She also said each year is different with regard to the waitlist – some years they have gone to #29, another year they got to #15 and last year they admitted one person from the list.

While she can't give out certain info at least we know how many offers they have sent out...

I contacted Corrine and asked her how many students have been accepted. She told me that they have made 110 offers and there are no additional spots at this time. She also said each year is different with regard to the waitlist – some years they have gone to #29, another year they got to #15 and last year they admitted one person from the list.

While she can't give out certain info at least we know how many offers they have sent out...
I am not sure what does that mean. So they made 110 offers and if out of the 110, 96 or more accepted, then they won't take anyone off the wait list, right? I thought people only have two weeks to make their decision, so I am not sure why she can't give out more info at this point?

I am relaying the information she gave me. For obvious reasons, she cannot give us all the answers we want to hear. But if you have questions you should contact Corrine. She is very good about answering emails.

I am relaying the information she gave me. For obvious reasons, she cannot give us all the answers we want to hear. But if you have questions you should contact Corrine. She is very good about answering emails.
I appreciate you for doing that. I just want to know how does this process really work.

Did you have good GPA and pharmacy experience?

I have worked at a pharmacy for a little over three years. I have about a 3.4 GPA, but I graduate with my BS in Chemistry in just a few weeks.

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet? Has anyone spoken with Corrine recently? The anticipation is killing me! :)

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet? Has anyone spoken with Corrine recently? The anticipation is killing me! :)
I just emailed Corrine today around 4. I'll post whatever she replies.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed her last week. She said they have not started taking anyone off the wait list yet. She said they have until the beginning of the fall semester to do that.

I emailed her last week. She said they have not started taking anyone off the wait list yet. She said they have until the beginning of the fall semester to do that.
I figured I would ask after two weeks of them sending out the alternate list. Which was Friday, but I won't bug her again until after the end of the summer semester. I feel like asking/thinking too much will make the process worse!

Corrine wrote back: no one has been taken off the alternate list yet.

Dear fellow waitlisters,

What are your future plans in the event that we are not selected? I figure we might as well think of something to keep us occupied!

I'm finishing up my pre-pharm requirements over the summer. I have ochem II and and a elective left because apparently one I took doesn't count anymore. Then, I'm perusing a cellular biology degree starting in the fall. I have to declare a program to continue to receive benefits from Veterans Affairs. Also, I found an amazing research opportunity that I'm going to try to get into for the summer since my science/math GPA is going to take a slight hit after ochem and I will need something else to boost my application for next year.

Let me know what you are planning!

Also, we are currently taking application for techs at the Walmart in Hamilton again (store 2441 Hamilton, Ohio 45013).

Just letting people know that I decided to cancel my admission to Cincinnati COP. Good luck to everyone!

I contacted Corrine today to ask about the status of the waitlist and much to my dismay she replied that they have not started admitting any students from the list yet. It's already May so I think I won't have much chance. Those in top 5 or 10 may still have some hope.

I contacted Corrine today to ask about the status of the waitlist and much to my dismay she replied that they have not started admitting any students from the list yet. It's already May so I think I won't have much chance. Those in top 5 or 10 may still have some hope.
I wrote her over the weekend too! I think will stop asking, it only makes me sad when she says no. I'm number 8 and I have everything set for whatever happens, but I'm definitely not banking on getting off the list this year (it would be wonderful though!).

I wrote her over the weekend too! I think will stop asking, it only makes me sad when she says no. I'm number 8 and I have everything set for whatever happens, but I'm definitely not banking on getting off the list this year (it would be wonderful though!).
They have made 110 offers and I can't believe that not many students have canceled the offers. I don't want to console you but I think you still have more chance than I do. Now I have to look at other options.

They have made 110 offers and I can't believe that not many students have canceled the offers. I don't want to console you but I think you still have more chance than I do. Now I have to look at other options.
Yeah I thought maybe by the end of this semester more people would withdraw admission, but maybe I was just hoping!

They took 1 person off waitlist last year. Don't know # of offers though

It is strange to me that they haven't start accepting people from the wait list because we know for a fact that someone on this forum said he/she decided to go to the university of Michigan.

I think because they made 110 offers and only admit 96, that 14 people have to refuse the offers before they even get to the waitlist. So while that person going elsewhere brings them closer to the waitlist, it sounds like not enough people have declined their spots yet to get to our list. :/

I think because they made 110 offers and only admit 96, that 14 people have to refuse the offers before they even get to the waitlist. So while that person going elsewhere brings them closer to the waitlist, it sounds like not enough people have declined their spots yet to get to our list. :/

I think that is the case as well. Just for everyone hoping to receive a wait list spot; at the first orientation, it showed 102 students in our schedule of classes handout. So, I am assuming only eight people have declined admission thus far of the 110 admission offers.

I received this email from Corrine today, which gives me somewhat of a renewed sense of hope:

"We have not started admitting students from the wait list yet. I believe we started in July last year, but as I have said before it varies year to year. "

I think that is the case as well. Just for everyone hoping to receive a wait list spot; at the first orientation, it showed 102 students in our schedule of classes handout. So, I am assuming only eight people have declined admission thus far of the 110 admission offers.

That could be ppl retaking classes.

That could be ppl retaking classes.

I was only giving the estimate for the people still anxiously waiting. I am aware that it may not be perfect, but the class size varied from 102 to 103. Also, with the D grade and remediation option in the summer, the only people that would be retaking classes with us would be students who got an F or who fail remediation. I am told that there are very few.

They made it at least #8 on the wait list. I got my call today! Keep the hope up guys!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that the list is finally moving... Congrats guys! I finally have some hope now....

Just informed by Corrine that they are on # 10 on the wait list so far.

It seems like I have been seeing this subject over and over again about student debt. I have a question for you guys. How much do you think your student debt would be by the time you graduate from pharmacy school and how do you plan on paying it back?

Anybody know that people still cancel in August? I'm getting more and more nervous as August is approaching.

Anybody know that people still cancel in August? I'm getting more and more nervous as August is approaching.

You have to think about the people who are conditional. I have ochem 2 and lab to finish up and if I were to fail (please lord don't let that happen haha) I would lose my spot. Classes end in two weeks and it could open up some spots.

You have to think about the people who are conditional. I have ochem 2 and lab to finish up and if I were to fail (please lord don't let that happen haha) I would lose my spot. Classes end in two weeks and it could open up some spots.
Thanks for yr info! I really hope to join you guys in the future. This means so much to me and my family. It all comes down to luck now...

We got our schedules and the number is currently at 97 students (going by student count listed for the lab). Our first day of classes is August 25. I hope you guys find out soon whether or not you got in. The waiting part was excruciating. Good luck.

Thanks for yr info! I really hope to join you guys in the future. This means so much to me and my family. It all comes down to luck now...
They are at wait list # 10 now.I really hope you get in since you are next in line.

They are at wait list # 10 now.I really hope you get in since you are next in line.
Thanks! It's very nice of you to say that. I should not count on it to much though. Anything can happen....

Hey does anyone know if there is a discussion page for class of 2019 yet? It is that time of the year to apply again.